Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 2:51:43 PM EDT
Holy crap, I'm about to shoot myself here.  All these army joes are driving me insane, and the demonstrations the instuctors give are ridiculous.  Plus, I hate running in formation and listening to cadences everywhere we go.  The "Hooaaaaaah!" bullshit really gets to me too.  Oh well, 2 weeks left, 2 weeks left...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you at BAS at Benning?

DROP LEG!!!!! KNOCK OUT 20!!!!

Ft. Benning was about two inches lower after I left in 1983.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd love to get an Airborne slot.  Already got Air Assault out of the way.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol. Yea Airborne School is pretty rediculous but you just deal with it.  I would not want to be a black hat and have to learn those "skits" they perform.

I finally got my 9th jump in today. C17 MC-1 parachute. Was a good jump thankfully. My last one didn't like my back too much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Holy crap, I'm about to shoot myself here.  All these army joes are driving me insane, and the demonstrations the instuctors give are ridiculous.  Plus, I hate running in formation and listening to cadences everywhere we go.  The "Hooaaaaaah!" bullshit really gets to me too.  Oh well, 2 weeks left, 2 weeks left...

It must be diffcult; I mean now you working with high-speed, low-drag Soldiers that speak in complete sentences instead of grunts.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you gusy scene the jumpmaster video?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You're complaining this much in ground week? I can only imagine what you'll think of tower week.

Have fun at the SLT.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]
While everyone else seems intent on giving you some grief, even if it is just some friendly ribbing.......I will agree with you.  Only the Army can take 3 weeks to cover simple material, drills and practical application that could have been taught, rehearsed and executed in 4 days........5 if you had a bird go down, or bad weather.  

I heard rumor that the PT Test for starting the course has been canceled out there???  Any truth to this?? Rumor has it there were too many Airborne candidates who had been Chairborne for a little too long and the attrition rate was too high.................prior to even starting.  Gotta love the Army.  When people fail to meet the standard, lower the standard.  

Look on the bright side.......it is only 3 short, non-demanding weeks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#9]
make sure when they yank you up the tower, your harness is ok where it counts.  or youll be hurtin until you get down.  dont reach for the ground, youll get hurt.  vd drive brings back memories.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
make sure when they yank you up the tower, your harness is ok where it counts.  or youll be hurtin until you get down.  dont reach for the ground, youll get hurt.  vd drive brings back memories.

As I understand they rarely use the tower anymore. No one in my class used it in Nov 04.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
While everyone else seems intent on giving you some grief, even if it is just some friendly ribbing.......I will agree with you.  Only the Army can take 3 weeks to cover simple material, drills and practical application that could have been taught, rehearsed and executed in 4 days........5 if you had a bird go down, or bad weather.  

I heard rumor that the PT Test for starting the course has been canceled out there???  Any truth to this?? Rumor has it there were too many Airborne candidates who had been Chairborne for a little too long and the attrition rate was too high.................prior to even starting.  Gotta love the Army.  When people fail to meet the standard, lower the standard.  

Look on the bright side.......it is only 3 short, non-demanding weeks.

No, they still got the pt test; 2 mi run under 15:something, 53 crunches, and 42 push-ups.  And me and my roomates just got stuck with 12 hours of duty each this weekend for throwing our linen inside of our wall lockers instead of making our racks.  Joe better hope he don't do anything stupid while I am on duty tonight

There is one good thing though, my stick instructor used to be in the Corps and is cool as fuck, and my stick is always the first one done with our drills.  Fish-stick is squared away, hooah!

ETA:  we're gonna be using the tower next week, and it is ridiculous how many people drop out of the runs or just plain quit before the course starts.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#12]
It's true... The regular Army is pretty pathetic.  I'm a 12 year vet so I can talk about it.  Thank goodness the people who actually mix metal and meat are of a higher caliber than the rest of the support as a whole.  Not saying all support is low speed, high drag......  but a lot are.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have you gusy scene the jumpmaster video?

Yes, definitely hilarious.  For those that haven't, you can download it at ArmyParatrooper.org

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I read a funny Paratrooper quote the other day:

"Anyone who is willing to jump out of a moving plane ain't right"

"Well, if you jump from a stopped plane...yer just fuckin' stupid"

I have a pretty good guess who said that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
As repetitious and crazy as it seems, there is a very good reason for pounding all that info into your "JAR" head.  Just a little friendly joke, but seriously, I went through in August of 1990, and to this day, I still remember, VERBATIM, my instruction, and if I had to do a static line jump today, I could still execute the mission, because of that.

"Jumpers in the chow line, HIT IT!"
"One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, four thousand."
"Check canopies, and gain canopy control, Airborne!"

Feet and knees together, lego, and enjoy the rest of your stay at Ft. "Beginning"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys are pups, I went to jump school in 66, JM school in 77 or 78.  I'm retired reserve and wrangled premissive jump orders that are good indenfently.  (I spent 3 years active 66-69, 3 years reserve 69-72 and 19 years NG 73-92, most of it on jump status.

Never went to wop wop school (air moble, ) I was air moble before there was air moble with the 2/502 INF 101st ABN DIV, RVN 67-68

I was at the Benning School for boys in Oct 03, (met my wife when she got back from the sand box) They were still using the 250 ft towers.  I spent hours watching the kids,   Brought back memories
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#17]
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):
You might be surprised to see who reads this sight. I am the CDR for A Co next door. I hope your 1SG thinks this is funny. I am sure he will. He has a great sense of humor. I bet the Black Hats would find your post pretty “ridiculous”. Keep your feet and knees together.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):
You might be surprised to see who reads this sight. I am the CDR for A Co next door. I hope your 1SG thinks this is funny. I am sure he will. He has a great sense of humor. I bet the Black Hats would find your post pretty “ridiculous”. Keep your feet and knees together.  

RUH ROH!    
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmm son, have fun at BAC, only 2 more weeks to go..

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):

Too funny.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
So I had a slight change of heart today...

Anyway, the black hats here are the smartest guys I have ever met, and there is nothing ridiculous about jump school.

BTW, the 1st SGT here does have a very good sense of humor.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):

NOW BEAT YOUR BOOTS LEG!

Fixed it for you sir

Airborne!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):

NOW BEAT YOUR BOOTS LEG!

Fixed it for you sir

Airborne!

You forgot, All the way, Sir.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Anyway, the black hats here are the smartest guys I have ever met, and there is nothing ridiculous about jump school.

Well Top understands you're a jarhead. He has to speak to you slowly and use small words too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Oh shit that's funny.

So how long did he smoke you?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#27]
AZ-AR are you in the 0321 pipeline?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh man, too bad it isn't August.

Once had a Marine ask, "Is Airborne School hard?"

"Not really", I said, " even  Marines do it."

Push , leg.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Awesome.

SAPPERS!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):

pwnt!  

Better get on your blackhat's good side before you hit the SLT.

Oh yeah...  why'd your stick instructor leave the Corpse?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Umm, it's probably in my best interest not to post in this thread anymore.  I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#33]
The day you earn your wings is the day your entire life will change.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The day you earn your wings is the day your entire life will change.

Wait till the jarhead gets back to his unit and they give him his "blood wings".
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#35]
They won;t. cuz he'll wus out of it.. Just like he's complaining about BAC now.. Oh the SLT, the great times to be had at the SLT.. Not to mention the harness shed (up, down, up, down)..

Oh the good old days of BAC..
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):

OUT-FOXTROT-STANDING!!!!!!
Let me put on my swaumee hat and make a prediction.......Hmmmm.....I see....yes, I see multiple drops on the SLT in this young Marine's future.  I also predict alot of CQ duty, police call, and weekend CQ.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#37]
i think it would be unprofessional if AZ-AR suffered retribution at the hands of officers and NCOs who read his posts. its only a school. when i went air assault i found it was nothing i hadnt done before between SOI and a SOTG work-up. my buddies who have been through ranger school have told me  as far as hard skills they got nothing new out of it. they all agree its one of the hardest things theyve ever done due to the physical nature of it and the sleep deprivation. they just didnt have anything new to teach us when they got back to the unit.

AZ-AR are you an ANGLICO Marine?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#38]
DvlDog:
   Don't worry he didn't get into any trouble or get scuffed. They just asked him about it and told him to be careful.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:07:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
az-ar (a.k.a. N597):

O'shit

Thank God the net was not around when I went thru ( May 1980 ) .

Yep ,  Sounds like your going to have a really fun time now
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Spent my 1st 6yrs in ARMY res, as MOS 43E....... Went to jump school back in 74. Back then we only had T-10
Went back in the Guard in 1991-2004 got kick out on a Med. MOS 63B   11B. I'll never see the "Sand box" My kid who's in the AF has been to UAE  2 times already...
I wish I never agreed to a Med,........I guess I'am just to old now........I turned 50 last July!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
DvlDog:
   Don't worry he didn't get into any trouble or get scuffed. They just asked him about it and told him to be careful.

That's some funny stuff right there!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
They won;t. cuz he'll wus out of it.. Just like he's complaining about BAC now.. Oh the SLT, the great times to be had at the SLT.. Not to mention the harness shed (up, down, up, down)..

Oh the good old days of BAC..

If you only knew what kind of training I have been through already you may understand why I wrote what I did.  Just as an example, runs at a 9 minute mile pace is a joke, and what's even more of a joke is that soldiers fall out of these runs.  

Anyway, just graduated today and can't wait to get way far away from here.  I never thought I would miss California as much as I have.

Oh, and oorah fishstick!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#45]
The instructors left a pretty good imnpression with me.  They did a good job of instructing and seemed pretty squared away.  It was just that the school was pretty much designed for the joes and the was a little hard to deal with at first after having already been through that sort of training in SOI and then doing much more advanced stuff afterwards.

Flutter kicks are fun too
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top