User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:58:08 AM EDT
This is pretty pitiful.

Officer Accused of Damaging Pro-Bush Cars
By ROBERT WELLER
Associated Press Writer
Dec 16 1:12 PM US/Eastern

DENVER - The Air Force Reserve plans to discharge a lieutenant colonel accused of defacing cars that had pro-Bush bumper stickers, the military said Friday. Lt. Col. Alexis Fecteau, a pilot with 500 combat hours in the first Persian Gulf war and the Balkans, is charged with criminal mischief for allegedly using paint stripper to write a profanity about Bush in 18-inch-high letters on cars at Denver International Airport.

The cars had bumper stickers supporting President Bush and conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh.

Jim Miller, a spokesman for the Air Force Reserve Command at Robins Air Force Base, Ga., said the command plans to begin the process of giving Fecteau an administrative discharge. He said Fecteau does not face any military punishment.

Neither Fecteau nor his lawyer, Patrick Mulligan, immediately returned calls. Mulligan has said Fecteau would plead innocent.

Fecteau is charged with 13 counts of criminal mischief, five of them felonies because the damage to five vehicles was estimated at more than $500 each.

Police said the vehicles were damaged between January and July and a video camera recorded Fecteau damaging a vehicle.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/16/D8EHG7AG2.html
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
damn.  sounds like the good Col lost it...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Another AF officer in the footsteps of of Wes Clark, albeit to a further extreme.

I don't seem to recall any stories of Army or Marine Corps officers doing this back when Clinton was the CinC...although there weren't many Clinton/Gore bumper stickers on post.  

edit: fixed AF screwup
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds to me like he got paid for 6 months longer than he should have.  I hope they demoted him as well, but probably not.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to rain on your parade, but Wes Clark is the pride of the Army.  We have our share of bluesuit turds, he ain't one of them.  

Oddly enough, now that you mention it I never saw a Clinton sticker on base.  I did know a guy that voted for him, he got sent to Alaska.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not to rain on your parade, but Wes Clark is the pride of the Army.  We have our share of bluesuit turds, he ain't one of them.  

I stand corrected!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top