Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're a computer geek or have cath lab/medical imaging experience, my company is growing and hiring every day.  
Witt Biomedical - www.Wittbiomedical.com - in Melbourne,FL.

John
Cape Canaveral
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Just thought I'd throw this in here, Home Depot has a program just for hiring veterans.careers.homedepot.com/military
I got hired through this program.
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Sprint also has a program for hiring veterans in case anyone's interested.

www.sprint.com/hr/military/index.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Any one with a clearance and is looking for a job, I could put your resume in with L-3, Northrop Grumman, and SAIC.  

I myself work with in the IT area, and Maryland is booming with jobs for cleared personal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By skv:
Any one with a clearance and is looking for a job, I could put your resume in with L-3, Northrop Grumman, and SAIC.  

I myself work with in the IT area, and Maryland is booming with jobs for cleared personal.

How about other areas of the country?  Looking more at Arizona or the Midwest...
Link Posted: 4/16/2005 12:43:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: muddawggin] [#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm..   looks like I'm not qualified for jack on any of those sites.
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Like many people here possibly I would like to get employment making a large salary working with weapons or weapon systems. Any takers
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By napalm:
Hmmm..   looks like I'm not qualified for jack on any of those sites.

Hmmn.  You'd think the market for underwater basket weavers would be bigger in Arizona...............

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scott_fl] [#12]
Marine For Life is also a good resource.

https://www.m4l.usmc.mil/portal/server.pt
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=391690

Excellent pay working in Mississippi for at least eight weeks.

*Four* of the eight supervisors are former USN - including me.

Anchors aweigh!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By rynich:
Like many people here possibly I would like to get employment making a large salary working with weapons or weapon systems. Any takershr

Blackwater USA
Trinity
Aegis
DynCorp
Triple Canopy
etc....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, CalGuard laid me off... I'm back on the Job Hunt, SF Bay Area.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
tagged...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By RRTX:
Just thought I'd throw this in here, Home Depot has a program just for hiring veterans.careers.homedepot.com/military
I got hired through this program.

Do you still work there & if so is it a good place to work???
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if somebody is hiring US ArmyReserve MPs with combat experience? Any police depts. hiring? Let me know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wise_jake] [#20]
More specifically for vets from TX:

The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the State-Approving Agency (link) for [the Federal] Veterans Training Programs (Fed programs with compliance validated at the state level).

Veterans Education
Texas Workforce Commission
101 East 15th St., Rm. 342-T
Austin, Texas 78778-0001
Phone: (512) 463-3168
Fax: (512) 463-3932

Education/Training Opportunities

-----------------------

Other State & Federal Agencies Helping Veterans

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump. and Thanks. Good resource.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#22]
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is hiring.

Link here
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Army Fleet Support at Ft.Rucker AL is looking for several different positions for the Helicopter Maint. Contract.They need mostly mechanics,sheet metal and avionics Techs just to name a few.They need ALSE Techs too.I hope they hire some soon because I have been working overtime in a short-handed ALSE shop for about 6 months now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By StykUrHedUp:

Wow.  The threadstarter lives.....  Send me a friggin' email every once in a while to let me know how things're goin'.
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 8/2/2006 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By HRoark:
I don't know about their websites, but Bradley Morris and the Lucas group are both pretty good companies.   They're both great at finding work for ex-military types.

I've been to job conferences hosted by both, and I'll be starting my new job at Otis Elevator on Monday thanks to Bradley Morris.

edited to add the websites.  i shoulda guessed

www.lucasgroup.com

and

bradley-morris.com

Bradley-Morris just hooked me up with United Rentals for a Service Manager position. They did all the legwork and took care of that nasty salary negotiation. Probably got me more than I could have gotten myself. They were fast, efficient and professional. I would recomend checking them out if you're looking for work.
Link Posted: 11/8/2006 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder what kind of money CSA Kuwait pays.  I'm trying to find a contractor that has security positions and marketing positions at the same base.  My wife already said that she'd come overseas with me on a contract tour next.  We could save up some massive money doing that.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2006 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#29]
helmetstohardhats.org/

I didn't go through the above program as it wasn't available, so I'm just posting it for FYI.

In 2004, the San Antonio Rep came and talked to me - guess I was the only mil retired to go through a program that would be on their referral list.

Guy was decent, attentive, and asked lots of questions.

Again, sorry I can't give any objective feedback or list the benefits - but there it is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2006 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Tallbill:
I wonder what kind of money CSA Kuwait pays.  I'm trying to find a contractor that has security positions and marketing positions at the same base.  My wife already said that she'd come overseas with me on a contract tour next.  We could save up some massive money doing that.  

CSA Kuwait is about 60-70k.  Tax free, since you're over there the whole year.

I know some couples who went to Kosovo.  Lots of work there and a much more pleasant environment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/5/2007 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Any A&P's out there looking for a job? A friend of mine is looking to hire. He owns Carolina Sky Sports (30 miles from Raleigh) and says he needs A&P's bad.

Here's a link to his site:
www.carolinaskysports.com/TheDropZone/JobOpportunities/tabid/129/Default.aspx

Paul's a great guy and would be a pleasure to work for.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought I'd add my short list of Telecom companies (that work/ed overseas) that I picked up while I was contracting.

They are mostly telecom stuff; Satcom to networking and such.

Anteon Corp (Not exactly sure what they do, but their name came up a lot while I was at KAF)
Arrowhead Global Solutions (Networking: around the DC area)
CSC  (Networking to SATCOM)
Data Path  (SATCOM)
ITT Systems Division  (Various CONUS/OCONUS)
Formerly Space Link now DRS  (Satcom and Networking, CONUS/OCONUS)
Formerly Tamsco now DRS  (Various Telecom, CONUS/OCONUS)

I worked with ITT in Kandahar two years ago.  Living conditions were primitive, work environment wasn't too bad, and the once-a-month food poisoning by KBR sure kept the weight off; but pay was pretty decent. I made just under $130k for the year.

Styk, your thread keeps going and going and going...

CHRIS
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#34]
DALLAS, TX

Job Title: System Operator / .NET Entry Level Programmer
Skills Required: .NET, C#/VB.NET, SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL
Bonus Skills: Visual Basic 6, Classic ASP, HTML, XML, Visual SourceSafe, IIS, Sharepoint, Active Directory

Description: Ensure software systems are operating properly. Maintain applications and supporting data. Provide support to existing user base and customer community for the purpose of software systems corrections.

*** RESPONSIBILITIES ***
o Operate proprietary system applications to process the daily production batch schedules. Will handle verification and validation of daily production batch schedules.
o Through the use of monitoring tools, monitor the systems to insure minimal service interruption and provide proactive problem determination by timely notification and interfacing with support personnel.
o Ensure all logs, status reports, check-off lists and procedures are completed and accurate to provide detailed information for continued operation and problem follow-up.
o Maintain .NET OLTP application modules in C#.
o Maintain legacy web application modules in VB 6.0 and Classic ASP/VBScript.
o Perform testing on all code changes and provide technical expertise in troubleshooting and correcting system issues.
o Run upgrade scripts in test and production environments.
o Promote good teamwork by expressing a positive attitude and sharing technical knowledge.

*** QUALIFICATIONS ***
o 1+ years of prior technical support experience required.
o A computer science related college degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
o Must possess strong troubleshooting skills.
o Must possess an aptitude for learning new technologies, ability to take direction, meet deadlines and multi-task in a changing environment.
o Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
o Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize activities and follow processes during major incidences.
o Sense of urgency to insure timely resolution/escalation of issues.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Knowledgeable in Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
o Business software development experience is a plus.

Interested individuals should forward their resume and salary requirements to...
Chris Gallucci, Chief Technical Architect
NSTN, Inc.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Man, this looks good, cool 40k for three months and no IEDs.  Wish I had a TS:

Date Posted:  3/7/07
Company: Chenega Corporation (www.chenega.com)

Salary Range: $37.86 base + $3.01 /hr
Types of Work:
 Full Time   Contract

Nearest Major Metro Area: Pacific Islands
City: Wake Island
State: Hawaii
Zip code:

ARMED FORCE PROTECTION OFFICERS
ACTIVE TOP SECRET DoD CLEARANCE REQUIRED

ARMED SECURITY FORCE OFFICERS
WAKE ISLAND - JULY 2007

2 - 3 Month Deployment Opportunity
$37.86 per hour
$ 3.01 per hour up to 40 hrs week monetary fringe benefit (in lieu of health and welfare plan)
$15,000 End of Tour Bonus
Housing and Meals provided

Company sponsored on-site selection takes place in Greenville, TX beginning June 10, 2007. Paid training begins June 12, 2007. Deployment to Wake Island June 27, 2007. Contract begins July 1 through August 2007 w/possible one month MDA extension.

The Security Force Officer will be primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as access control, and conduct walking and motorized security guard functions guarding government owned or leased buildings and property, protecting government equipment and material, controlling access to government owned or leased buildings and property by employees and visitors, and protecting and preventing loss of materials or processes, which are important for national defense.

Qualified candidates will:

• Be a U. S. Citizen
• Be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Hold a high school diploma or GED
• Be weapons certified and qualified in the use and handling of a 9mm hand-carry weapon, and non-lethal OC
• Be Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (with and without AED) certified
• Hold a valid State driver's license (non-commercial)
• hold a DOD TOP SECRET clearance
• Pass a Physical Agility Test, In-depth Background Check, Drug Screen and Physical Exam, and Training Course
• Minimum 2 years experience military or civilian law enforcement and/or force protection

CSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a drug-free work environment. AA/M/F/D/V
Link Posted: 3/16/2007 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Wake Island?  Jeez, talk about a tough assignment!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2007 6:49:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#37]

Originally Posted By METT-T:
Man, this looks good, cool 40k for three months and no IEDs.  Wish I had a TS:

Date Posted:  3/7/07
Company: Chenega Corporation (www.chenega.com)

Salary Range: $37.86 base + $3.01 /hr
Types of Work:
 Full Time   Contract

Nearest Major Metro Area: Pacific Islands
City: Wake Island
State: Hawaii
Zip code:

ARMED FORCE PROTECTION OFFICERS
ACTIVE TOP SECRET DoD CLEARANCE REQUIRED

*snip*

that would be a cool way to spend summer vacation....I wish my clearance didnt expire or I would be all over that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#38]

that would be a cool way to spend summer vacation....I wish my clearance didnt expire or I would be all over that.

Sorry I'm "late to this," but if you previously held a TS (w/in two years) you have a chance!  Just need to call and talk to their SSO...

Hell, I'm retiring and that sounds like fun!  

Link Posted: 3/26/2007 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By babirl:

Sorry I'm "late to this," but if you previously held a TS (w/in two years) you have a chance!  Just need to call and talk to their SSO...

Hell, I'm retiring and that sounds like fun!  

kinda makes you wonder though....why do they need a security guard with a TS on Wake Island
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't know how much they have for the mechanical (blue collar) trades, but posted my resume anyhow.
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 5/26/2007 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I would be all over that but I only have 80 days of leave   and I get out in September with my TS.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 7:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wise_jake] [#43]
Was visiting the in-laws today and came across this in my father-in-law's copy of VFW Magazine:

Employers Seeking Veterans

More employers throughout the nation are recognizing the skills and potential veterans offer their companies.

"When you look at our employee base and you see the guys who are very conscientious, who are always early for work, who are clean-cut, have a smile on their face, get the job done and just have a great attitude, many of those guys come from the military," said Jeff Owens, president of Advanced Technology Services (ATS) in Peoria, Ill.

Owens  told USA Today in February that 25% of ATS' 1,700 employees are veterans.

According to GI Jobs magazine, some of the top military-friendly companies are Union Pacific, Home Depot, General Electric, Sprint and Lockheed Martin.

Other firms actively recruiting veterans are Lending Tree and Dunkin' Brands (parent company of Dunkin'  Donuts, Baskin-Robbins, and Togo's) , which offers a management-training program that could eventually lead to franchise ownership.  The Helmets to Hardhats program helps vets transition into construction jobs.

The Labor Dept, which sponsored 17 job fairs last year as part of its HireVetsFirst campaign, plans to conduct more than 100,000 this year.

Nearly 210,000 troops left the military in fiscal 2005, the latest period for which data  was available.  The unemployment rate for veterans ages 20-24 was 10.4% in 2006, down from 16.0% in 2005.

-- excerpt from: Dyhouse, Tim (May 2007). WashingtonWire. VFW Magazine, p.13.

Transcription services provided free of charge, but buyer beware: you sometimes get  what you pay for.

Note: the 210,000 figure in the last paragraph may be a typo.  It appeared in the original as "210,00".  So they either left off a zero or put the comma in the wrong  place.

ETA: Resources:

Advanced Technology Services (ATS)

GI Jobs magazine

Union Pacific Railroad (top MFE two years running: 2005 and 2006)

Home Depot

General Electric
  • GE Careers page

• GE Military Officers page (link to JMO [Junior Military Officers] program)

• For all others:

To assist in the search for top military talent, we conduct several base visits each year.
    All base visits are conducted by former military officers.
    For more information about base visits please call 1-518-385-4734.

Sprint
  • Military Recruiting page (to be perfectly honest, this site leaves a lot to be desired; their program is hopefully kick-ass to be considered an MFE)

Lockheed-Martin

Helmets To Hardhats program**

HireVetsFirst (a program of the U.S. Dept. of Labor)

Army Spouse Employment Partnership (formerly the Army Spouse Employment Program)

** site operated under contract with the Center for Military Recruitment, Assessment and Veterans' Employment, a joint labor-management committee created by the unions of the building and construction trades and various employer associations, e.g. New Jersey [Dept of] Labor officials and the New Jersey State Building & Construction Trades Council
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
I thought I'd add my short list of Telecom companies (that work/ed overseas) that I picked up while I was contracting.

They are mostly telecom stuff; Satcom to networking and such.

Anteon Corp (Not exactly sure what they do, but their name came up a lot while I was at KAF)
Arrowhead Global Solutions (Networking: around the DC area)
CSC  (Networking to SATCOM)
Data Path  (SATCOM)
ITT Systems Division  (Various CONUS/OCONUS)
Formerly Space Link now DRS  (Satcom and Networking, CONUS/OCONUS)
Formerly Tamsco now DRS  (Various Telecom, CONUS/OCONUS)

I worked with ITT in Kandahar two years ago.  Living conditions were primitive, work environment wasn't too bad, and the once-a-month food poisoning by KBR sure kept the weight off; but pay was pretty decent. I made just under $130k for the year.

Styk, your thread keeps going and going and going...

CHRIS
Hey bud!! It sure seems to huh?  Isn't this thread like 2 or 3 years old? LOL.  What's been goin on?  Where are you these days?  Hope all is well bro!  I'm looking to maybe go overseas for a year again, any recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow, the prodigal son returns!

Will it be *just* you going overseas, or will you be taking a friend?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Hey bud!! It sure seems to huh?  Isn't this thread like 2 or 3 years old? LOL.  What's been goin on?  Where are you these days?  Hope all is well bro!  I'm looking to maybe go overseas for a year again, any recommendations?

Hey B.  Things are good on the home front. I still have some buds in KAF with ITT that can try to hook you up.  I sent you an IM with some info.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Jake....you wanna go w/ me? LOL

Chris...thanks man.  I sent you one in reply.  Need a good email addy for you.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 12:29:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wise_jake] [#48]

Jake....you wanna go w/ me? LOL.

You know what I mean......

Email inbound.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#49]
can't fault me for trying! LOL  Hope all is well Jake...email in bound YOUR way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TANGOCHASER] [#50]
Comtek is hiring for ROTC support. Check out the Army ROTC website www.rotc.monroe.army.mil/. Scroll down to officer/enlisted vacancies. It show openings that are civilain contract and active military positions.

Got an job offer at New Mexico Military Institute and will probably accept it and move to New Maxico.

I did get a call from a Blackwater recruiter who said he got my resume from www.militaryhire.com. I didn't have the exact skill set for the contract they were filling but at least I know my resume is visible.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top