Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
I just got back from Camp San Louis Obispo about 2 hours ago. I was there with my Boy Scout Troop. We did the leadership course there, FUN STUFF. My friend and I were the only real "men" there , everyone else there was complaining that it rained like a bitch that day. We were like, "Life sucks, don't it!? Keep goin'." (We all got wet anyways because if ya fall, you fall into about 3 feet of water) The best part was... We got MRE's!!!! I must say, they are the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see how people say that they are bad! I got the pasta with veggies, mmmmmmmm! Have any of you guys ever been stationed there or ever hear of it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
cool stuff man. when i was in the boy scouts i went to the national jamboree at fort AP Hill. i still remember how many times we had to walk that field for trash LOL
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I went to the 2001 National Jamboree at A.P. Hill. It was a blast. Pretty much all I did was shoot the blackpowder and the shotguns . The tour was better than the actual Jamboree IMO.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah washington was cool...i went in like 97 or so...whenever that last one was
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
'96 I think. IIRC the National Jamboree is every five years. Washington was cool, but New York was better. I got to see and stand on top of the World Trade Center 1 1/2 months before the attacks. I got about 25 pics of it, both on top, in, and around, but when I got back on the tour bus I did a VERY bad thing. The film got caught on something and without even thinking I opened the camera... CRAP!!!! So, now I don't have any.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If you ever get a chance to eat MREs everyday for 6 months, you will know exactly why people say they are bad.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
ill stick to the crab legs in our galley thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ill stick to the crab legs in our galley thanks

I hate you
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just got back from Camp San Louis Obispo about 2 hours ago. I was there with my Boy Scout Troop. We did the leadership course there, FUN STUFF. My friend and I were the only real "men" there , everyone else there was complaining that it rained like a bitch that day. We were like, "Life sucks, don't it!? Keep goin'." (We all got wet anyways because if ya fall, you fall into about 3 feet of water) The best part was... We got MRE's!!!! I must say, they are the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see how people say that they are bad! I got the pasta with veggies, mmmmmmmm! Have any of you guys ever been stationed there or ever hear of it?

Is that part of Camp Pendleton MCB?

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]
No, it's an Army base, reserve I think. I got bashed on there cause I'm enlisting in the USMC. Worth it though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Hickboy,
Go over seas and eat MRE's for 9 months then tell us you like them.  Course there's the other side to that too.  Go 4 days without food and then say you don't I've seen both sides.  
MDC85,  
I really, really hate you.  I spent 4 days on the USS Oak Hill LSD 51.  I gotta say you swabbies got the chow thing going on.  But that whole if my house catches fire I burn or drown is for the birds.  I'll take MRE's on dry land any day.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah woodrow....but the only problem is the navy ain't got the whole PT deal down yet
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]
No lie there I saw more fat asses on that ship than you do in the local mall.  Course with all that chow and nowhere to go I guess it's inevitable.  Lifting weights on the ship is a nut role too.  Anyone who's done it knows what I mean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top