Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/9/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
I just got back from Camp San Louis Obispo about 2 hours ago. I was there with my Boy Scout Troop. We did the leadership course there, FUN STUFF. My friend and I were the only real "men" there , everyone else there was complaining that it rained like a bitch that day. We were like, "Life sucks, don't it!? Keep goin'." (We all got wet anyways because if ya fall, you fall into about 3 feet of water) The best part was... We got MRE's!!!! I must say, they are the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see how people say that they are bad! I got the pasta with veggies, mmmmmmmm! Have any of you guys ever been stationed there or ever hear of it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:41:48 PM EDT
cool stuff man. when i was in the boy scouts i went to the national jamboree at fort AP Hill. i still remember how many times we had to walk that field for trash LOL
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:10:45 PM EDT
Yup, I went to the 2001 National Jamboree at A.P. Hill. It was a blast. Pretty much all I did was shoot the blackpowder and the shotguns . The tour was better than the actual Jamboree IMO.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:10:24 PM EDT
yeah washington was cool...i went in like 97 or so...whenever that last one was
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:13:51 AM EDT
'96 I think. IIRC the National Jamboree is every five years. Washington was cool, but New York was better. I got to see and stand on top of the World Trade Center 1 1/2 months before the attacks. I got about 25 pics of it, both on top, in, and around, but when I got back on the tour bus I did a VERY bad thing. The film got caught on something and without even thinking I opened the camera... CRAP!!!! So, now I don't have any.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:40:25 PM EDT
If you ever get a chance to eat MREs everyday for 6 months, you will know exactly why people say they are bad.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:33:29 PM EDT
ill stick to the crab legs in our galley thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:32:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MDC85:
ill stick to the crab legs in our galley thanks

I hate you
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:30:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hickboy:
I just got back from Camp San Louis Obispo about 2 hours ago. I was there with my Boy Scout Troop. We did the leadership course there, FUN STUFF. My friend and I were the only real "men" there , everyone else there was complaining that it rained like a bitch that day. We were like, "Life sucks, don't it!? Keep goin'." (We all got wet anyways because if ya fall, you fall into about 3 feet of water) The best part was... We got MRE's!!!! I must say, they are the best thing since sliced bread. I don't see how people say that they are bad! I got the pasta with veggies, mmmmmmmm! Have any of you guys ever been stationed there or ever hear of it?

Is that part of Camp Pendleton MCB?

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:36:00 PM EDT
No, it's an Army base, reserve I think. I got bashed on there cause I'm enlisting in the USMC. Worth it though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:59:31 AM EDT
Hickboy,
Go over seas and eat MRE's for 9 months then tell us you like them. Course there's the other side to that too. Go 4 days without food and then say you don't I've seen both sides.
MDC85,
I really, really hate you. I spent 4 days on the USS Oak Hill LSD 51. I gotta say you swabbies got the chow thing going on. But that whole if my house catches fire I burn or drown is for the birds. I'll take MRE's on dry land any day.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:45:39 PM EDT
yeah woodrow....but the only problem is the navy ain't got the whole PT deal down yet
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:57:36 PM EDT
No lie there I saw more fat asses on that ship than you do in the local mall. Course with all that chow and nowhere to go I guess it's inevitable. Lifting weights on the ship is a nut role too. Anyone who's done it knows what I mean.
Top Top