Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 7:57:10 PM EDT
This seemed like the right place to voice this... so here it goes...  

I just wanted to remember my Uncle Stan. He died this past saturday after a year of health problems.  He was a quiet man from what I remember of him.  One thing I learned today at the funeral, that I never knew before, was that he was a medic in the US Army and was involved in the landings on D-Day and the following Battle of the Bulge, recieving a Purple Heart and a Silver Star.  I know the man was not all about medals and awards, since he was very humble, but I just wanted to remember him here and give him and others who have served a big thank you!  

I wish I was more eloquent in my writing to express the feelings of this.

Thank you for reading
Bert
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bert:

You were certainly eloquent enough for me:

Terry
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
And so passes another quiet hero of the greatest generation. They take so much with them when they go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bert:

You were certainly eloquent enough for me:

Terry
View Quote

Me too.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top