Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2002 8:29:01 AM EDT
am curious as to what is the most common LE part-time job these days. I'm looking for something to supplement the regular income for a certified peace officer..... any input/ideas are appreciated....
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:29:19 AM EDT
I work part time for another LE agency as well as serve in the NY Army National Guard. I also do a good number of transfers on the side with an FFL. I think a lot of officers work part time with other agencies or serve in the Guard. But really, about anything out there can serve as a part time money maker. It all depends on what your interests and abilities are.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:18:41 PM EDT
A lot of officers here work off duty security at a number of places . (ie malls,movie theaters, banks and such) We recently had a large trial going on and the security company I work for did the security for the plantiff at his hotel. I also have an FFL and make decent money on that too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:33:51 AM EDT
I work loss control for Dillards. Also let out traffic at Rheem , a local factory. When it's convenient I work security for private parties. That's in addition to the Navy Reserve and hanging steel on my days off. It sounds like a lot but I try to limit my off duty to about 10-15 hours a week. That way I have spending money and my wife still knows who I am.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:57:27 PM EDT
Being a Reserve Deputy I can work just about any off duty I can find. I work at a bank almost full time in the day and I will work some jobs at night. Sometimes it sucks but the pay is great. I like private parties the best they usually give you food to eat, and they all pay in cash. Right I am working at the bank at night because some guy had a heart attack when he driving down the road and he crashed into the bank.
Top Top