Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 9:28:04 PM EDT
Some years ago, my father suffered a heart attack. Within 2 minutes of the call to 911, 2 LA County SD cars arrived, and immediately began CPR. Within 3 minutes of this, an LA County EMT unit showed up and took over. This, in the middle of Carson, CA, and all the traffic in the middle of a business day. I got all this from my mother, as I was here in SC at the time. It was a massive heart attack, but YOU guys gave him 5 years of life he otherwise would not have had. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:55:01 AM EDT
Wow........ It is the rare person who actually says thank you. It's enough to carry someone another five or ten years in service. Thank you pakrat
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:32:36 PM EDT
I am glad 'we' could help! Thank you for taking a moment out to thank us!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:50:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:52:36 PM EDT
Hats off to Zardoz!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2002 8:15:26 PM EDT by colinjay]
after my car accident last year, i was transported to the local hospital and within 30min of the accident i had an armbraclet on. 30min to respond and transport at 5:00 on a weekday in Dallas is actually incredible! the 30min also takes into account the time it took the hospital to actually print the band, so in all likelyhood i was there even quicker. i owe my life to the ems, police and firefighters who responded and saved my life. i later had to take another ride in the ambulance because of severe chest pains after the surgery. the paramedic and emt's were awesome. i was freaking out because of the intensity of the pain, but they were professional, relaxed but most importantly reassuring. they even came to check up on me when they made a run later that day. my little brother is a paramedic/volunteer firefighter and i cant help but think of him everytime i see these guys. i thank him for what he does as i thank all firefighters, rescue ems, and police for the times they have helped me as well as others!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:35:42 PM EDT
Well, folks, the reason I posted is because like many others, I'll bash anybody when they deserve it, but ONLY those who do deserve it WHEN they deserve it. To me, it ain't nothin' but a little nibble on the behind when you screw up. And when I screw up, I expect an ass-chewing in return. Too often, this is the only type of "recognition" you guys get. I just figured that it's HIGH F*CKING TIME you guys got recognized for at least one (among literally countless others) times you guys come through for a largely un-caring public. The phrase you guys use most often after you have saved the life of a stranger at the risk of your own is "I was just doing my job." Well, this may be true, but I have seen (as have we all, but some people have a "selective" memory) quite a few instances where a COP, EMT, or a FF has gone WAY beyond "just doing their job." I just feel that you guys deserve a sincere "Thanks" on behalf of those of us who DO see & appreciate the OUTSTANDING work almost ALL of you people do. Well, since I'm an inarticulate *sshole, I can't think of anything else to say at the moment, so I'll finish by saying again, THANKS.
Top Top