Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:17:31 PM EDT
My ASP is extended and I can't get it to close. I soaked it down with CLP and it still won't budge. Anybody got any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Hold it by the handle, lightly tap the tip on the pavement while rotating the handle. then slam the tip straight down on the pavement.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Find concrete or a flat stone.
Grasp the baton with 2 hands, so the tip is pointing down.
Forcefully run the tip into the concrete or stone.

1 of 3 things will happen
1) Chip the concrete or stone
2) The baton is now closed
3) Man card revoked, lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Find concrete or a flat stone.
Grasp the baton with 2 hands, so the tip is pointing down.
Forcefully run the tip into the concrete or stone.

1 of 3 things will happen
1) Chip the concrete or stone
2) The baton is now closed
3) Man card revoked, lifetime.

I tried that. I split a brick on my porch, knocked out a huge chunk of concrete, and took all the finish that was left off of the baton.

I also put it tip down and smacked it on the end of the with a kevlar helmet about 5 times. The people in the duplex next door came over and asked if someone was shooting in my backyard.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hold it by the handle, lightly tap the tip on the pavement while rotating the handle. then slam the tip straight down on the pavement.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Now might be the time to trade that sucker in for something different......

How long have you had it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

uh dude...  that is in the instructions.

tap tap tap tap then Whack!  

not Whack whack whack...  that never works.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

uh dude...  that is in the instructions.

tap tap tap tap then Whack!  

not Whack whack whack...  that never works.  

Instructions?

I lost or threw away the instructions at least two years ago. I don't get alot of use out of the ASP.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now might be the time to trade that sucker in for something different......

How long have you had it?

About 2 years.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used mine once so far.

I dropped my water bottle on the floor on the passenger side of the car and used the ASP to reach over and pick it up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I dropped my water bottle on the floor on the passenger side of the car and used the ASP to reach over and pick it up.

Works great for that doesn't it
Also works to shut the vents on the passenger side of the car.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
The only time I used my asp, one night I came up on two guys, one was holding a piece of pipe like he was going to cave the other's head in.  I snicked the asp out and said drop it....(Clang.)  Came in handy then, mostly just in the way.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Works great for that doesn't it
Also works to shut the vents on the passenger side of the car.

Moved a nearly-dead cat out of the road...wasn't putting my hand near that pissed off sucker.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]
It's good for waking up bums
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#14]
They are good for popping your hubcap back after you jump the raised railroad track crossing.
I haven't used mine on anyone so far...I always seem to have my large flashlight in my hand instead.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They are good for popping your hubcap back after you jump the raised railroad track crossing.
I haven't used mine on anyone so far...I always seem to have my large flashlight in my hand instead.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<edited -NorCal>

OOOOOOOOOOH he said it...

Most of the times I've seen it deployed it'a been for psychop purposes.

FY you F'in pig   (draws back)
<snik>
Hey, man... now hold on...

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That sounds a lot like my uses.
I tend to use mine as a probe for places I don't want to put my hands.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds a lot like my uses.
I tend to use mine as a probe for places I don't want to put my hands.

DIDn't some guy get fired for that
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
CLP? Why would you do that? ASP specifically trains to NEVER lubricate the baton. Take it apart, clean it up with brake cleaner to get off the CLP.

Hard strike on a concrete surface would have closed it up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe one of the sections is bent and wont allow the whole unit to collapse?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#21]
When I first came on the job, we were issued a straight wood stick, and a slap-jack.  The nightstick usually got left in the scout car, but the slap-jack got lots of use.

When we transitioned to the ASP's, it was great because it was always on my belt.  The down side was that we were no longer authorized to use the slap-jack
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I use my ASP to scratch me back under my ballistic vest when I can't get to the itch with my hand.  Other than that, it's never used.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top