Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 3:38:28 PM EDT
More specifically, Flash bangs and smoke grenades.  I've just talked my chief into having the dept pay for my training in grenade deployment, cs, smoke, and flash bangs.

Anyhow, I was wondering what types/brand of nades you guys might use?  I've been looking at going with ALS, but my problem is I don't know if they fit in the Blackhawk pouches.  All of blackhawks pouches refer to Def-Tec products which I can't find... or if I do, don't give demisions so I can compare to ALS.  Also in my search for Def-Tech, I came accross Federal Labartories... are these the same company or another?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
For smoke and CS, I'll probably end up carring: ALSG278 - Tactical Coverage, Pocket Smoke.  It's 1.5x5"

Flash, Stung... not sure.  I know the Flashbang pouch by blackhawk is made for the Def-Tec #25?  So I guess I need to figure out the deminsions for that.   Reason why I am wanting to go the ALS route is there is a police supply place here that carries their stuff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
WRT flashbangs... I'm not sure the nomenclature, but the military uses a metal bodied flashbang with a refillable fuse/core. I would highly recommend AGAINST this model, as having thrown many of them in riot situations overseas, the steel body does not disintegrate, and then is used as a weapon, thrown back against those who deployed it.

Very bad ju ju, have some friends who got fucked up pretty badly from them coming back.

Check and make sure the casing will disintegrate or is made of plastic, paper, cardboard, or some other lightweight material which cannot be redeployed against you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top