Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:20:33 PM EDT

We will be having group photos Monday @ 1300 in patrol uniform. no compensation. if someone can't show we'll cancel.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why does that sound so familiar?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
REPLY:  Sarge - go ahead and cancel, I'm busy that day.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
How would Sarge go ahead and cancel, I'm busy that day;  And for future reference I'm busy any time the words "No compensation" are used when conducting any job related activity  go over with the  boss..

Not very well I would imagine but that would by my desired response to that text message.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a grievance for the union.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Do it then grieve.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I would reply, pay me and I will show.  

I bet he wont like that too much.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
tenninetyseven.homestead.com/files/vilage.jpg

Everytime I think I've seen the funniest thing, something new comes along...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
tenninetyseven.homestead.com/files/vilage.jpg

I'm the bearded one.

Note: somehow, someone could not make it and I got a txt message @ 1130 saying so....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Just ignore it.  I do that to 99% of what comes across the pager.  Even turn it off most of the time.  If someone REALLY needs to get ahold of me,  important folks have my cell number.   I don't really need to know who has the keys to evidence bin #6, or who is having a baby shower.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes you just do WHAT YOU'RE TOLD.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Especially when it comes to something important, like taking your time away from your family to go take pretty pictures!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Because you would show up when you weren't scheduled to work for something insignificant on your own time...........next.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#14]
It's called photoshop. You take pictures of each squad at roll call and slap 'em all together. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It sounds like they don't have a union or this wouldn't even be an issue.

Actually I think it falls under FLSA and you have to be compensated, assuming someone in the agency has the testicular fortitude to file it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Some of the attitude problems here are disgraceful.

Yo, I'm just tryin to get paid, BOYEEEEEE!!!!

What's in if for me??   You guys would make GREAT Union members.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just ignore it.  I do that to 99% of what comes across the pager.  Even turn it off most of the time.  If someone REALLY needs to get ahold of me,  important folks have my cell number.   I don't really need to know who has the keys to evidence bin #6, or who is having a baby shower.

I hear ya man, since I am k-9 my pager goes off all the time.  People page me all the time for the stupidst damn things.  I have told the guys that if its dog related put their call number in the page, if not im not calling back cuz i am sick of getting paged by someone to tell me that i got an OT shift three weeks from now, I think i can find that on my own next time I work.

Be Safe
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Oops.  Sorry we would like to be paid to work.  Maybe we can do a little more work for free for you.  Do you need your house cleaned?  Maybe we can send over a few officers to take care of that for you.  How about your yard?  Maybe we can get a few over there to rake it for you.

I do a lot of free work for the city that I work for.  Maybe I should just volunteer my time and quit taking that HUGE paycheck that they give me.

alert

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

MMMM K
Proud member of FOP.  

How about the SARGE comming over to your house and telling you how to mow your yard and how to  make whoopie with your wife?   That's on your time and he has gone over the line.

I personally would go and have my pic taken to show my support for my buddies.  However I don't want to be obligated.  But I give my community lots of "free hours " of work.   I have no life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top