Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:39:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 7:39:41 AM EDT by krazy_karl]
I am looking for some advice on changing careers and going into full-time FF in Dayton, OH. My wife will be working to get her PhD from UD and I would like to expand on my 5 years experience as a paid-on-call FF1. What do I need to do?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:43:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 10:43:40 AM EDT by NCFFEMTERT]
http://www.ci.dayton.oh.us/news/news_data/FIRErecruitmainpage.asp
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
Thanks for the link. I made the phone call to start the process.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:01:51 PM EDT
Go to the AF museum at Wright-Patterson AF Base while you are there. It's sweet. And free.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:26:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jvic:
Go to the AF museum at Wright-Patterson AF Base while you are there. It's sweet. And free.

definately a +1 there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:33:37 PM EDT
Why Dayton? I'm leaving here for good this Friday morning and I hope I never have to return.

I really hate this place and I was born here. I just can't leave here soon enough. Hello Phoenix and warmth.

Well, good luck. Get ready for a lot of crime and stupidty. Lots of careless house fires here. Lots of shootings.

BTW, ditto on the AF museum. I am 3 miles from it and haven't had the time to visit again. My cousin used to be the director of exhibits there, until he retired this year. They have a tail number for a space shuttle but haven't recieved it yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:49:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rtech:
Why Dayton? I'm leaving here for good this Friday morning and I hope I never have to return.

I really hate this place and I was born here. I just can't leave here soon enough. Hello Phoenix and warmth.

Well, good luck. Get ready for a lot of crime and stupidty. Lots of careless house fires here. Lots of shootings.

BTW, ditto on the AF museum. I am 3 miles from it and haven't had the time to visit again. My cousin used to be the director of exhibits there, until he retired this year. They have a tail number for a space shuttle but haven't recieved it yet.

Why Dayton? BC my wife will be going to school there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
There are worse places. I have never been to Oregon, but I think I can confidently say it's no Oregon. I have found that most places have something to offer, you just have to look harder in some places to find it.
Top Top