Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:16:36 PM EDT
Paramedics Need Shovel To Rescue Woman From Trash-Filled Apartment

POSTED: 8:35 am EST December 22, 2005

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. -- Paramedics had a difficult time rescuing an 80-year-old woman from her trash-filled apartment.

Paramedics were called to a seventh floor apartment along South Military Trail on Wednesday night. Once they got there, they discovered the apartment was filled with trash up to the ceiling.

Rescue crews had to use a shovel to remove some of the trash before they could get the woman out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Makes me feel glad for the pathways that many of our recluses leave for us through the 4 ft. of old papers and collectables...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
THAT IS HORRIBLE
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Makes me feel glad for the pathways that many of our recluses leave for us through the 4 ft. of old papers and collectables...

LOL...Reminds me of a story that happened about 8 years ago.
We were on an EMS run at a typical "hoarder" house...Newspapers stacked waist high wall to wall in the living room, with a narrow pathway leading to the couch and the front door.
One of the other firefighters (who had over 20 years on at the time) found an unwrapped 10 year old newspaper lying right on top of the pile, with a picture of him on the front page that was taken by photographers on the scene of a bad MVC he was working on I-95.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
time to call "Clean Sweep", I sometimes watch that show just to see how trashy people let their houses get
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top