Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 2:19:54 PM EDT
This friggin town was insane last night.  Had a vehicle stop a little after midnight. Car full of teens, arrested driving for OUI, and summonsed all of the others for possession of alcohol by a minor.  Took 6 30-packs from the car.  The father was in bailing his son, and the other officer I was working with used a dolly to bring all the 30-packs in from my cruiser.  (what a sight, wish i could have taken pictures for x-mas cards )

While finishing up the booking, we got called to one of the motel / bars for someone reporting a large group of ppl kicking in his door.  On arrival found one guy that just got promoted to Sgt. in the army.  HE WAS TRASHED.  We cleared from the call and I rode around in the BLIZZARD for a little while and then I observed a car come out of the same motel / bar we were just at and head out of town.  I got behind the car, and he was literally inches from going in the ditch, he was driving right on the side of the ditch.  I stopped him, and it was that Sgt. heading home.  Arrested him for operating after suspension (had 9 convictions and 15 suspensions on his driving history) and arrested him for OUI, he blew a .21%.  At first he wasnt really happy, but since we could have put high bail and brought him to county jail, but we didnt because of the weather he thanked us and hopefully he will make it through this.

And to wrap it all up, when i came into work at 1600, my brand new, personal, take home K-9 cruiser was there.  Chief put a bow on it for me (what a guy, actually he was kissing ass cuz I got forced in to work last night).  But it was a good night to break in the brand new car.  It got to haul 6 30-packs and 2 drunks

And I have a feeling this town is gonna be this busy again tonite.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Well most of what you posted was funny, but the SGT need's to have his nut's stomped for doing what he did. He is NONCOMMISIONED OFFICER in the US ARMY and he should no better than to be driving while under the influance.

I am a NCO myself and I know that he was giving a safety briefing before the weekend and was told not to be brinking and driveing, so basically he disobayed a lawfull order, also with him being a NCO he should know that he should set the example and lead by example.

I am sure he has lower ranking soldier's under him and now how do you think they will look at him now, how will his chain of command look at him and how can they trust him to lead his soldier's when he has to.

I know the soldier's will look at him be like well SGT so and so got a DUI  so I can go get into trouble and do what I want, hell I don't have to listen to him or my chain of command because I am doing what my SGT doe's.

That is one of the problem's we have with today's NCO's, they are alot of  imature and childish guy's that are getting promoted that shouldn't be because they have been in the ARMY for 3 or 4 year's, it doesn't matter if they are total shit bag or not.

I have no tolerance for soldier's that do drug's or get DUI's or just get totaly stupid break the law knowing they are doing it, so yeah I might sound mean about but that is just how it is, I have and alway's will recommend the max that is allowed under the UCMJ for anything like that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck him, he just sunk his carrer

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fuck him, he just sunk his carrer

+1 and oh so true.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
With that history, I sure hope he's forced into a program.  He sounds like a full blown oiler to me.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
We had about 5 arrests last night, Domestic Violence, Trespassing, Battery, etc...

You would think for at least ONE DAMN DAY folks would act civil... NOT!!

We expect more domestic child custody issues tonight .
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a cop... but I'm just wondering what they do with all the beer?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They use at thier yearly policemans ball.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't begin to tell you how busy it was last night.  Despite several people's best efforts I didn't have to shoot anyone or beat any ass.  Checked my watch just after cuffing the barricaded subject and saw it was just a few minutes after midnight.  On the upside, if I had to ventilate him I would have gotten tonight off and maybe even New Year's eve as well.  Crazy night but managed to get off of work ON TIME and see my kids open their presents.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Any day that you make it  with out any problem's and make it home safe and sound to the faimly is great day.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

We save it all for evidence until court, and then after the trail we flush it all and return the bottles and donate the money to boyscouts in the area
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah but they only do that with 2 of the 30 packs! lol J/K officer
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have no tolerance for soldier's that do drug's or get DUI's or just get totaly stupid break the law knowing they are doing it, so yeah I might sound mean about but that is just how it is, I have and alway's will recommend the max that is allowed under the UCMJ for anything like that.

Somehow, I have a feeling his BC will be thinking the same thing...

I wonder what it's like being the first UCMJ case of the new year?

Then again, I don't want to find out personally...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somehow, I have a feeling his BC will be thinking the same thing...

I wonder what it's like being the first UCMJ case of the new year?

Then again, I don't want to find out personally...

I don't know but we already have about 3 or 4 DUI's and some other stuff waiting for the BC when he come's back from Christmas leave, so we will have alot of extra duty folk's to keep us awake during CQ.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We had about 5 arrests last night, Domestic Violence, Trespassing, Battery, etc...

You would think for at least ONE DAMN DAY folks would act civil... NOT!!

We expect more domestic child custody issues tonight .

souns like you had an easy night. times that about 3 thats what we had...........and thats an affirmative on those child custody /civil matters
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Ahh, Christmas. A time of domestic dischord and child custody problems. Setting the example for future generations of immature assholes to bicker and argue over who gets who and how much of your shit do I get to keep.

I would love to tell these people when they call and say, "My ex-husband / wife is outside demanding the children and the court papers I have say blahblahblahblah.....".  "Lady / Sir, I really don't give a shit, maybe you shouldn't have fucked them in the first place and shat out a kid for me to raise for you at some later date. Call me when they inevitably become a juvenile delinquent. Merry Christmas."

People suck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ahh, Christmas. A time of domestic dischord and child custody problems. Setting the example for future generations of immature assholes to bicker and argue over who gets who and how much of your shit do I get to keep.

I would love to tell these people when they call and say, "My ex-husband / wife is outside demanding the children and the court papers I have say blahblahblahblah.....".  "Lady / Sir, I really don't give a shit, maybe you shouldn't have fucked them in the first place and shat out a kid for me to raise for you at some later date. Call me when they inevitably become a juvenile delinquent. Merry Christmas."

People suck.

I like that a lot!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We save it all for evidence until court, and then after the trail we flush it all and return the bottles and donate the money to boyscouts in the area

you too... wow what a small world
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Nine convictions and 15 suspensions??

How is this guy not in prison?  Do you have to wait til he runs somebody over?

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nine convictions and 15 suspensions??

How is this guy not in prison?  Do you have to wait til he runs somebody over?

Pretty much, our state is trying to do something about ppl with some many suspensions still being on the road, but right now its ridiculous
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah but they only do that with 2 of the 30 packs! lol J/K officer

Holy shit Sarge, there's a bag with $20,000 on the dead dealer!

Hey! LT! My guys found $10,000 on a dead dealer!

CAP! My Sgt's guys found $3,000 on a dead drug dealer.

Inspector, here's the $500 the night tour found on a dead drug dealer.

Chief, here's $50 from the night tour. I think Asset Forfeiture can use it for bagels this week.

Seriously, when I was in NYC EMS a crew in Harlem found a dead drug dealer with $312,000 in a duffel.

They gave it to the cops.

I aint gonna lie, that bad woulda been a little lighter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Arrested him for operating after suspension (had 9 convictions and 15 suspensions on his driving history) and arrested him for OUI, he blew a .21%. At first he wasnt really happy, but since we could have put high bail and brought him to county jail, but we didnt because of the weather he thanked us and hopefully he will make it through this.

He would be in prison in AZ living in a tent and most likely have received a BCD because of it.  He's going to kill someone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top