Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they're gonna have some sort of lockdown or curfew now?

Shenanigans on St Simon's this past weekend...  
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Welp. Cleared medical. I’ve got a poly date. Maybe I won’t be one of the 2/3rds that fail. IDK.
View Quote
Good luck on the polygraph! I'm jealous!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, I read about that on another forum.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, at least not a general one. There is an entire class put up on SSI, so maybe for them, but doubtful.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck with your decision.  There are a ton of avenues with OFO.  Overall your opportunities are better and less competitive with OFO.  BPA is a good position too.  That being said, the level of quality people tends to be higher with the patrol, so it may be harder to get opportunities like firearms instructor etc.  I am going on year 17.  I have been all over the states, overseas TDY with the agency and now do all kinds of cool stuff with them.  COPRA is a better pay system for what we do than what the BPAs are covered under.  Everyone is 12d LEO retirement now, so we are all covered.  1811 series is appealing too, and CBP OFO can be used as a stepping stone career wise.  Pretty much all the other responses have covered most everything.  More specific answers can be found on the CBP Delphi forums.  Just google it to get the link.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
@simply_green

Did you do the polygraph yet?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@simply_green

Did you do the polygraph yet?
View Quote
On the very near horizon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

On the very near horizon.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Michael:

Same here. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Michael:
Originally Posted By simply_green:

On the very near horizon.

Same here. 

I've sat through three sessions so far.  I've been accused of using counter-measures by controlling my breathing (1st session), crimes against persons (2nd session), and finally drug trafficking (third session).  Each session has conveniently ended at lunchtime for the interviewer.  Been told, that's there's "just not enough data to go by". I politely as I could told the last interviewer that the whole thing was bullshit. I'm in the queue for a 4th session but delayed due to COVID.  I've got other prospects now with other state and federal departments so I'll likely just withdraw.  The chances of getting a "pass go" at this juncture are slim I think, and I don't want a "failure" on my application record affecting other slots.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#10]

I've sat through three sessions so far.  I've been accused of using counter-measures by controlling my breathing (1st session), crimes against persons (2nd session), and finally drug trafficking (third session).  Each session has conveniently ended at lunchtime for the interviewer.  Been told, that's there's "just not enough data to go by". I politely as I could told the last interviewer that the whole thing was bullshit. I'm in the queue for a 4th session but delayed due to COVID.  I've got other prospects now with other state and federal departments so I'll likely just withdraw.  The chances of getting a "pass go" at this juncture are slim I think, and I don't want a "failure" on my application record affecting other slots.
View Quote

I said screw it after the first interrogation. I've got better offers for other Federal LEO jobs, and I'm already a federal employee with a clearance. I got referred for an 1811 position (fingers crossed), so the CBP job fell by the wayside.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive met a lot of guys from USBP in my AO (Palm Springs area) that it was their first duty station also some friends that ended up in San Diego as their first sector assignment. Avoid Blythe if at all possible its the taint of Socal. but the Indio sector has a really high COLA surprisingly so there seems to be a lot of interest from guys to head here because they get one of the highest pay bumps here. Good luck with the process
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#12]

I've sat through three sessions so far.  I've been accused of using counter-measures by controlling my breathing (1st session), crimes against persons (2nd session), and finally drug trafficking (third session).  Each session has conveniently ended at lunchtime for the interviewer.  Been told, that's there's "just not enough data to go by". I politely as I could told the last interviewer that the whole thing was bullshit. I'm in the queue for a 4th session but delayed due to COVID.  I've got other prospects now with other state and federal departments so I'll likely just withdraw.  The chances of getting a "pass go" at this juncture are slim I think, and I don't want a "failure" on my application record affecting other slots.
View Quote

Well, this sucks to hear.

I've been researching BPA agent and am thinking about starting the process, thinking that I had a good chance of getting in (veteran with a small disability rating that prevents me from doing nothing).  I've tried emailing the recruiter in my AO (we have one here in Midland-Odessa that recruits for the Marfa/Big Bend sector) just to see if it is something I could even do with the schedule.  I wouldn't be looking to move, at least at first.  I was wondering with what the job entails (patrolling extremely remote parts of the big bend area) surely not everyone that works there lives in Marfa, I've been there, and there is nothing there.  My thought was that they had small posts/barracks or something stationed out there and it would be the kind of job I could just commute to once per week.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well, this sucks to hear.

I've been researching BPA agent and am thinking about starting the process, thinking that I had a good chance of getting in (veteran with a small disability rating that prevents me from doing nothing).  I've tried emailing the recruiter in my AO (we have one here in Midland-Odessa that recruits for the Marfa/Big Bend sector) just to see if it is something I could even do with the schedule.  I wouldn't be looking to move, at least at first.  I was wondering with what the job entails (patrolling extremely remote parts of the big bend area) surely not everyone that works there lives in Marfa, I've been there, and there is nothing there.  My thought was that they had small posts/barracks or something stationed out there and it would be the kind of job I could just commute to once per week.
View Quote
I don't think BP allows new agents to get on in certain sectors if they already live within a radius of that area (I don't remember the miles).

A former BPA that's in my CBPO academy would tell me that a lot of guys would shuttle together to their sectors. Some lives two hours outside where they worked.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top