Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2017 5:08:32 PM EDT
So,

I upgraded to a 26.

It's an E version. (Yes, I know it's old, but it was too good a deal to pass up).

I need a dead battery or two, want the one with the extra cart holder on the bottom, and a couple of expended carts.

Anybody help me out?

Also, anybody have a honey hole for cheap 25 foot field carts?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn’t even know they had different versions. How do you tell them apart.
I had a black one that was sparking real slow and got an ugly yellow one as a replacement. Don’t know the versions.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I know; I'm having to learn now.

Here is what I've determined (subject to correction):

1st gen X26= E Series. X00 serial numbers. Can be black, yellow or clear. All have the metal grip plates, all say 'X26' on the side. Analog spark gap output.
1st gen X26 for women and childrens = C Series. Only think they came in black. Same internals, same look, difference is programming. E (law) versions are 5 second per pull, on as long as you hold it down. C (citizen) is like 15 seconds stackable. (Idea is so that you light them up, drop the TASER, and book feet out of the situation).
2nd gen X26= P series. Looks different. No X26 on side. Digitally controlled spark output, current limited output.

Why does it matter?

P is different shape than E/C. E/C batteries will not work in P, and vice versa. X carts fit all X and M series.

E/C are no longer made, and I think started production in 2003 (you can look at the DANGERS-LAZAR label on the bottom for a created date on the E).
Dunno how long the P is going to be on the table, X2/waffle maker is what they are pushing now.

I've been carrying the C2 for years. I really like it, and only got this one because it was $165 out the door, shipped plus a holster and a fresh extra cart holding battery. I figured there would be a ton of X/M carts out there. Apparently I was wrong lol.

If you are having slow or diminished output, try taking an eraser to the two output points on the handle (that's what they call the unit, apparently). The used one I bought had a really weak output, I burnished those points up, and it got fat and loud quickly. Also, if it's an E, I'm betting cleaning the battery terminals in the handle and on the battery will improve the output rate.

Kinda mad, actually. Found online there was a way to be a citizen-only instructor completely online for $99. Apparently it was through a college, and is no longer offered. Still is offered, but it's more expensive, and you gotta truck out to AZ to take it. (shrugs)

I wish mine were two toned. I'd like a black handle, and a high visibility yellow snout. Keep it low profile on the belt, but make it look less like a snubby pistol from a distance when presented. Maybe I'll paint the carts when I get them...
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know; I'm having to learn now.

Here is what I've determined (subject to correction):

1st gen X26= E Series. X00 serial numbers. Can be black, yellow or clear. All have the metal grip plates, all say 'X26' on the side. Analog spark gap output.
1st gen X26 for women and childrens = C Series. Only think they came in black. Same internals, same look, difference is programming. E (law) versions are 5 second per pull, on as long as you hold it down. C (citizen) is like 15 seconds stackable. (Idea is so that you light them up, drop the TASER, and book feet out of the situation).
2nd gen X26= P series. Looks different. No X26 on side. Digitally controlled spark output, current limited output.

Why does it matter?

P is different shape than E/C. E/C batteries will not work in P, and vice versa. X carts fit all X and M series.

E/C are no longer made, and I think started production in 2003 (you can look at the DANGERS-LAZAR label on the bottom for a created date on the E).
Dunno how long the P is going to be on the table, X2/waffle maker is what they are pushing now.

I've been carrying the C2 for years. I really like it, and only got this one because it was $165 out the door, shipped plus a holster and a fresh extra cart holding battery. I figured there would be a ton of X/M carts out there. Apparently I was wrong lol.

If you are having slow or diminished output, try taking an eraser to the two output points on the handle (that's what they call the unit, apparently). The used one I bought had a really weak output, I burnished those points up, and it got fat and loud quickly. Also, if it's an E, I'm betting cleaning the battery terminals in the handle and on the battery will improve the output rate.

Kinda mad, actually. Found online there was a way to be a citizen-only instructor completely online for $99. Apparently it was through a college, and is no longer offered. Still is offered, but it's more expensive, and you gotta truck out to AZ to take it. (shrugs)

I wish mine were two toned. I'd like a black handle, and a high visibility yellow snout. Keep it low profile on the belt, but make it look less like a snubby pistol from a distance when presented. Maybe I'll paint the carts when I get them...
View Quote
I'll admit, I didn't read through all of this. But I think one of the things you asked for was already spent X26 cartridges? If that's the case I believe I have a handful somewhere around my trunk that I used to use to practice deploying/cartridge exchanges. I'll see if I can dig them up if you want them

Edit: the cartridge "doors" indicate the length if I remember correctly. I believe yellow was inert/training but I could be wrong. I wanna say we had silver (20ft?) and neon green (25ft?). I will look at what I've got. I've got whatever the new version is but I don't carry it much on my current assignment.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are the X/M Carts:

Attachment Attached File

And

Attachment Attached File

I don't think the blue is conductive, just live loaded for training only.

** Thanks for responding, I'll PM you here on the board for further, if that's ok

Edit - there are two types of probes now. The old round ones, and new enhanced penetration ones (XP). I don't think they are making the legacy probes anymore, and when old stocks are gone, they are gone. I have a pic sho... hang on. yup

Attachment Attached File

New probe is designed to retain in clothing better, apparently. I'm betting there's more to it, like patent issues.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here are the X/M Carts:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17550/T_carts-323228.JPG

And

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17550/Tcart_2-323229.JPG

I don't think the blue is conductive, just live loaded for training only.

** Thanks for responding, I'll PM you here on the board for further, if that's ok

Edit - there are two types of probes now. The old round ones, and new enhanced penetration ones (XP). I don't think they are making the legacy probes anymore, and when old stocks are gone, they are gone. I have a pic sho... hang on. yup

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17550/two_probes-323230.JPG

New probe is designed to retain in clothing better, apparently. I'm betting there's more to it, like patent issues.
View Quote
Ah yea that makes sense. I bet when we were burning through the yellow carts at training it was just making way for our new stock. It's been a few years
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you ask in the private forum, if you're LE......
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, but as with firearms, I think that this is one piece of gear the agency should be on the hook purchasing and maintaining.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry, but as with firearms, I think that this is one piece of gear the agency should be on the hook purchasing and maintaining.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The only thing this university has issued me is a shirt and a ID card. lol Oh, a radio, but I got my own as well; gun, vest, coat, flashlight... all out of pocket. Is what it is.

Quoted:
Why don't you ask in the private forum, if you're LE......
I was a police officer, for years. Got fired. Been a security guard ever since.  (shrugs) Makes me not eligible for the room.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to the person that helped me out. Got what I needed plus a good source for carts. I appreciate this board!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top