Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
Was at a memorial service for a first responder from a neighboring agency today. Damn, I didn't know him as well as I feel I should have. That Last Call is powerful none-the-less... There really isn't anything else like it.

Sorry guys for bringing the mood down here; needed to vent.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, you can hear some End of Watch calls on YouTube, pretty sad.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I know where you're coming from
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A co-worker who suffered an AAA on duty back on '01 survived that then retired, after 26 years OTJ. He then survived bouts with other issues, including organ shutdowns d/t the loss in BP.

He found out a few weeks ago that he had Stage IV Lung Ca when he stopped by the station about a month ago. I found out he passed this last Saturday.

He reminded me of my Dad in many ways. I remember him doing the NYT crossword in ink while listening to Jeopardy and answering the questions correctly.

We developed and maintained a friendship, and his funeral this Saturday is going to really suck.
View Quote
I'm sorry, that sucks... I haven't been to one for anyone I was close to. I know it will suck when that happens.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A co-worker who suffered an AAA on duty back on '01 survived that then retired, after 26 years OTJ. He then survived bouts with other issues, including organ shutdowns d/t the loss in BP.

He found out a few weeks ago that he had Stage IV Lung Ca when he stopped by the station about a month ago. I found out he passed this last Saturday.

He reminded me of my Dad in many ways. I remember him doing the NYT crossword in ink while listening to Jeopardy and answering the questions correctly.

We developed and maintained a friendship, and his funeral this Saturday is going to really suck.
View Quote
Yes, it is. Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
At the annual LE Memorial service our SO has speakers outside the building so the crowd can hear the dispatcher make the 10-7 call.  Not a dry eye to be found.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top