Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 5:21:14 PM EDT
ok Just took my third quarter exam.  I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my Academy experience.  Anyway I scored 96% over all with 100% in law.  I had 2 questions wrong in both Police Science and Behavioral Science.  I have about 6 weeks left before I get to wear the NYPD Blues.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Right now, if I could I'd definitely try, BUT since the date has changed already for the third time, and with the MTA strike looming that may delay the graduation, I wouldn't put yoy guys through the trouble of rescheduling. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Congrats bud.

I have some friends from NYPD Bomb Squad I went to Hazardous Devices school and Large Vehicle Bomb school with. They are great guys. I have to go up there and see them.

Thanks for reminding me..
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Congrats bud.

I have some friends from NYPD Bomb Squad I went to Hazardous Devices school and Large Vehicle Bomb school with. They are great guys. I have to go up there and see them.

Thanks for reminding me..
View Quote

Thanks and you're welcome [:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Vinnie,

Sounds like your in the same class as my cousin. His name is Tom H., do you know him?  
I'm proud of you both. What did you choose for a Duty/Backup gun?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Vinnie,

Sounds like your in the same class as my cousin. His name is Tom H., do you know him?  
I'm proud of you both. What did you choose for a Duty/Backup gun?
View Quote

Well there are over 2000 of us.  If you could narrow it down a bit.  I'm in Squad "C" in Company 66.  Also, most of us only know each other by our last names since it's on everything we own (gym shirts, name tags, etc.).

I chose the Glock 19 for my service weapon so I went with the Glock 26 for my back-up/off duty weapon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not meaning to hi-jack your thread but are you guys getting mobilized if there's a transit strike?
View Quote

Yup, we all have our orders if the MTA strikes or if they are still in negotiations and may strike.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Vinnie,

I'm finding out what squad/company Tom's in.  He's a white guy does that narrow it down? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL ok, well that may eliminate maybe a half of those that don't qualify, so now for the other 1000+. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, now that you mentioned it, I just put in my UF-28 (vacation slip) into the office to get Christmas off.  Seems that the instructors want the day off, so all the recruits will have to take a vacation day.  Same happened for Thanksgiving.  I will be working 1537-2400 on Christmas Eve. but at least I'll have Christmas Day off.  The final word isn't in yet on New Years Day.  Rumors have it that the instructors will want off after working a 12 hour shift for New Year's Eve, so who knows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top