Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 12:31:05 PM EDT
OK guys and gals, thought I would start a thread with some real basics on terrorism that can benefit all shield wearers.  One tip real simple at a time and everyone pitch in pls.

TIP 1:

We have dealt with terrorists before and been successful.  In the 1980s, we dealt with the Red Army Faction, Red Brigades, JRA etc., just to name a few.

These mainly european groups were far more sophisticated that Al Qaeda and the arab groups.

The arab groups are generally inept and can be stopped with the most basic counter measures in place.

Have faith and confidence.  With some training we can turn the tide quickly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have to say use common sense(this goes for just about anything)and do not hesitate to call for backup. Macho cop = injured/dead cop. Be safe...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys,

I wish we were still back in the days when LE could handle terrorist incidents by themselves.  Unfortunately that's not the case any more.  Better put notifying us ASAP for possible HAZMAT and/or WMD mitigation near the top of your list.
Stay safe out there guys.
[green]Edited to add:  And if anything was learned from September 11 we need to make sure and coordinate efforts with all agencies involved.[/green]

E-95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top