Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Drop him and com'ere
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 This is a very intersting bit of discussion and had to come to terms with such an issue many years ago.  I was always dating these wild girls who were a lot of fun as far as "passion" goes but were often rather psychopathic as far as running any other aspects of their lives.  At one point I met and dated ( for 3 years ) a VERY nice girl who could shoot, cook, fish, loved GREAT movies, etc, etc, etc. In fact, for all intents and purposes, she was PERFECT.  As stable as could be.  Not one "issue" at all.  Except for one thing...she was about as passionate as a cold, dead fish.

I told myself that it didn't matter....that passion was only one small aspect of a big picture and that I could live without it because she was so great in all other ways.

In the end of it all I got to the point where I wanted to cheat on her....I NEEDED that one little thing that I thought was so unimportant....PASSION.  A spark....some sign of life.  Maybe it's because I'm a Scorpio.....I dunno but that is the way I am.

As it was I was dying for a passionate relationship. Well, I don't cheat.  I WON'T cheat.  So I left her....I felt guilty as all hell for doing it...I really broke her heart ( and I am still paying for it ) but in the end....it was the right thing to do.

Not all people "need" passion, Bellona, but there are some of us who do...and to those of us who do, nothing at all can replace it.  Not all of the money in the world or all of the tea in China.  It makes for a lonely life to try to find someone with a decent balance of all things...but I am not one to settle.

Good luck and I hope that, one way or another, you can solve this issue.

If you require it to feel alive, I'm not sure there is a flip you can do about it.  But you might stock up on cash for late in life so you can still get "what you need" even though you're less attractive.  Seems cold and shallow somehow, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<snip>
As it was I was dying for a passionate relationship. Well, I don't cheat.  I WON'T cheat.  So I left her....I felt guilty as all hell for doing it...I really broke her heart ( and I am still paying for it ) but in the end....it was the right thing to do.
<snip>

What a waste.  Is it really "cheating" if she's cool with the arrangement?  

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

If you require it to feel alive, I'm not sure there is a flip you can do about it.  But you might stock up on cash for late in life so you can still get "what you need" even though you're less attractive.  Seems cold and shallow somehow, doesn't it?

Daydreamer, I don't propose to speak for desertmoon, but the way I read it, passion != sex.  At least not necessarily.

My reading of his account was that they were more like roommates, and that he wanted something more, which certainly could have included boning, but was not necessarily required.

I certainly didn't think he was advocating buying it.*

Jake.

* either via "traditional" prostitution or the manner in which Anna Nichole Smith's late husband went about things.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me restate....I'm not having this problem. It's something that a friend and I who discuss relationships have talked about.

In a physical sense, sometimes people click right away, and others have to work at it a bit. I've dated guys who can't kiss as well as I'd like, but that's not the reason things didn't work out. Then I've also dated guys who could melt me with a kiss, or even just the thought of it, but that wasn't enough to keep us together.

I can understand how frustrating things can be when the "passion" is lacking. When that occurs, though, it's time to reevaluate things and talk about it. Usually a turn is an indication of a deeper problem.

Trust me....I'm not having this problem. Do I have to post pics to prove it?  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
It would be most appreciated.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Let me restate....I'm not having this problem. It's something that a friend and I who discuss relationships have talked about.

In a physical sense, sometimes people click right away, and others have to work at it a bit. I've dated guys who can't kiss as well as I'd like, but that's not the reason things didn't work out. Then I've also dated guys who could melt me with a kiss, or even just the thought of it, but that wasn't enough to keep us together.

I can understand how frustrating things can be when the "passion" is lacking. When that occurs, though, it's time to reevaluate things and talk about it. Usually a turn is an indication of a deeper problem.

Talk is cheap and so are pics.  I need in person proof.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I am not sure that you understood where I was coming from at all. Not even in the slightest.  I am talking about passion...not sex ( though the two are certainly related, they are NOT the same thing ) ...there are certain folks who have a passion for life and those who do not.  She did not.  I do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, Prove it.......
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You know what they say, a pic is worth a thousand drooling arfcommers humping your leg.  Whoever "they" are.

At least that's what "I" say.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Denial is a very unhealthy thing. It's well documented that a woman's chances of landing a guy drop like a Buick off the edge of the Grand Canyon as soon as they hit 23. Maybe sooner. You better latch on to this goob before he stumbles across the source of all knowledge and hightails it out of town like a midget on roller skates with a JATO attached to his back.

Cling desperately, remora-like and get that ring while you can.

If you are caught the secretary will disavow all knowledge of this operation. This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds. Good luck Ms. Bellona.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Denial is a very unhealthy thing. It's well documented that a woman's chances of landing a guy drop like a Buick off the edge of the Grand Canyon as soon as they hit 23. Maybe sooner. You better latch on to this goob before he stumbles across the source of all knowledge and hightails it out of town like a midget on roller skates with a JATO attached to his back.

Cling desperately, remora-like and get that ring while you can.

If you are caught the secretary will disavow all knowledge of this operation. This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds. Good luck Ms. Bellona.

Thats funny! Especially the no marriage jab.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:32:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not sure that you understood where I was coming from at all. Not even in the slightest.  I am talking about passion...not sex ( though the two are certainly related, they are NOT the same thing ) ...there are certain folks who have a passion for life and those who do not.  She did not.  I do.

Funny, I went to the grocery store and suddenly thought, "That response on arfcom wasn't really fair."  It wasn't.  I just wish you two could have figured that out before hearts got broken.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, I went to the grocery store and suddenly thought, "That response on arfcom wasn't really fair."  It wasn't.  I just wish you two could have figured that out before hearts got broken.  

You and me both.  Oddly, as much as I regret that whole incident, it was the NEXT relationship that I really screwed up.  That one was ENTIRELY my bad and I have been rueing that day for the past 6 years.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
teach him. Personally I like it when a girl directs me on what to do. It's kinda hot

+1,  Definitely hot!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The women might like the pics....they'd be in our BOTD.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#21]
If my last name were Avila, I'd turn this whole Women Shooter's forum into BOTD.

We've already got the personnel; would just have to get rid of all the words that show up between pics of y'all.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#22]
maybe you need scope?

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
maybe you need scope?

IIRC, she already has a nice optic set-up.*

* Look at me; I'm so smooth, what with the double entendre compliment and all........
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Teach him...

Not only is it sexy, but it shows that you are willing to put an effort into the relationship.

If he is decent and down to earth, he'll learn... plus, he'll value you even more because you are willing to communicate. (Big, big, problem in relationships)

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Eithor accept him as is.......or drop him.  You can try to teach him, but do not, I repeat, do not use any .......motivational practices that are cruel & unusual.  Just a thought....if you are so shallow that you will drop "mr. almost-perfect" because his imperfection is that he can't kiss.....then you need to look hard in the mirror and realize that you aint perfect eithor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The women might like the pics....they'd be in our BOTD.

Not mine.....I look like this .....that would have to go in your TOTD ( Troll Of The Day )  forum...which probably isn't too popular.............
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top