Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2016 11:55:53 AM EDT
It has been a while, but  I'm back.

I am surprised to see how slow the Women's section is.

How is everyone doing?

We are keeping active, gardening, shooting, swimming and kayaking.  How about you?

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello.
Major crunch time at work. Next three weeks are going to be a killer.

I'm a special education teacher
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Same for me work wise.  Been having some pretty long days lately.  Hoping to get the pool ready soon and enjoying that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohhhh, a pool, sound wonderful.  We have a hot tub, but it is only good in the winter.  LOL

My work load hit in January getting all the end of the year bookwork/accounting/taxes complete.  Same ole.

Hoping your work load isn't too crazy.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anyone doing gardening?

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to. But I don't know how feasible it would be with a toddle following in behind me
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Work has been crazy for me, too. I even have to go in tomorrow afternoon which is very unusual.

I've been concentrating more on training this year. Defensive Pistol class a few weeks ago, and a Defensive Carbine class today. Had a ball. We had really nice weather here. Lowlight class in a month and Defensive Pistol 2 over the summer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
It's been more than dead in here and I have to admit I have paid little to no attention to this section for a good while.

It's been a slow winter at work and busy fun in the back country snowmobiling. Now that summer is coming work is really picking up and combine that with keeping up with my daughter who just started walking not too long ago as well as all the work on my farm and the start of the shooting competition season it's shaping up to be a pretty busy but fun filled summer
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the process of ordering parts for my very first AR. Yes, I've been here since 2011 and I've just now contracted BRD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
What parts are you planning on using?

I have not built a ar15 in a long time but I'm getting a bit of a itch to build one for 3 gun and paint it blue and purple.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm doing a somewhat lightweight build. I have carpal tunnel and my arms were sore for nearly a full week after the class. Faxon 16" pencil barrel in 5.56 with low profile gas block and gas tube from Faxon, as well. Spike's Spider lower and a Spike's upper. PSA LPK, charging handle, and BCG. Magpul stock kit, Midwest Industries G3 12" hand guard, Vortex Strikefire 2 red dot (was on the rifle I shot at the class and I did well with it). Have everything or it's coming in a few days. Waiting for my upper and lower to arrive at my LGS in a week or so (ordered via their website). A friend who has put together a lot of builds is going to help me put it together. Another friend is gifting me with mags. :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]
That sounds like a really cool build! Lightweight is what I need to do at somepoint, all of mine except my short barrel ar15 get heavy really quick and I get tired of holding them before long. I have two spikes builds, I really really like spikes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi ladies, I've been on here a while, but mostly lurked. I'm married (he works FT & is in the guards) & I work FT (but job sends me to a lot of training/meetings/conferences all over the state) & we have three kids from 12 years-14 months, so free time doesn't happen very often!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sounds like a really cool build! Lightweight is what I need to do at somepoint, all of mine except my short barrel ar15 get heavy really quick and I get tired of holding them before long. I have two spikes builds, I really really like spikes.
View Quote

I keep hearing more good things about Spikes.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#13]
A friend assembled my rifle for me yesterday and I took it to the range today. Put about 150 rounds through it. This is the first time I've ever gone shooting for 90 minutes and not had my hands hurt (carpel tunnel). My build comes out roughly at 6 lbs or a little over. The big weight savers are the Faxon 16" pencil profile barrel ($189) and a 12" Midwest Industries Gen 3 M-Lok hand guard ($189). The barrel weighs 1.19 lbs and the hand guard 8.2 oz. Vortex Strikefire 2 red dot is 7.2 oz ($179). I've probably got about $1100 in this rifle. But it's a very nice setup that the RSO was drooling over today at the range.

It's much lighter feeling than the rifle I took the class with.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yay I was hoping it would turn out great for you. Sounds like a really cool build
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yay I was hoping it would turn out great for you. Sounds like a really cool build
View Quote

Finally remembered to post a pic. Now I just have to figure out sighting the thing in. The class I took had us working with red dot and front sight. The friend who put it together for me was going to help me sight it in before a low light defensive pistol class last night (he's one of the instructors), but we didn't have the time. Using just the red dot feels too video-gamish to me.

It shoots wonderfully. A guy who does 3 gun fondled my rifle before the class and was astonished how light it was. I estimate it comes in a bit over 6 lbs.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#16]
That looks awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top