Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2002 8:08:52 PM EDT
Typically, in each state, there are four documents a person must have before entering into police duties:

1. Oath of Office
2. Commission Card
3. Bond
4. Training Records

And typically, if a person does not have any one of these documents, then he cannot enter into police duties: i.e., he's not a cop.

Each state has statutes stipulating these requirments. Does anyone know the statutes for each of these requirements in Pennsylvania?

I am not a lawyer. Seek legal counsel to verify these comments.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
In Nebraska you can be elected county sheriff with just a vote of the people. No formal education is required.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I respect and support the office of sheriff. However, some of the persons holding that office should be legally and lawfully removed from office.

The question I posed has to do with legally fighting a cop. Many people don't know how to do that. Arguing at the road side stop is NOT the way. The way you do it is the same way they do it to you.

So what do the cops do. They know what you're supposed to be doing, they observe you not doing it, then they ticket you.

You fight back the same way. You know what they're supposed to be doing, in this case it's having the proper paperwork, you observe them not doing it, i.e., not having the proper paperwork, then you "ticket" them.

To start the ball rolling you search the statutes to get the grounding to establish your case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top