Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 1:03:15 PM EDT
If you happened to have an m16 hammer in your ar would it be enough to grind the little hook off the back sweeping edge of the hammer to make it a legal part?  Also, if you happened to have an m16 carrier could you just order a new carrier and swap the bolt, firing pin, cam, etc from the old one and be good to go or would you need to check the headspace?  Since you are using the same bolt I wouldn't think you would need to...

any help would be greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Cutting the "auto-sear" lug off the hammer should suffice, or go ahead and cut a little more of the hammer's tail off.

The carrier just holds the bolt in position for rotation-locking. Go ahead and swap the carrier, and have a nice time firing your rifle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cutting the "auto-sear" lug off the hammer should suffice, or go ahead and cut a little more of the hammer's tail off.

The carrier just holds the bolt in position for rotation-locking. Go ahead and swap the carrier, and have a nice time firing your rifle.
View Quote

Cool.  That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.  I appreciate it SBR7_11, thanks for the info...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top