Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2001 3:26:04 AM EDT
If lets say my brother in law in Europe decided to send me as a X - mas gift some Radway Green SA80 Hi caps . Not marked and assured that they were preban, and a couple of USGI 20 rounders.

Will I be breaking the law by receiving the package?

How about only the bodies?

Thanks

Ariel
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
So even as a gift it will be considered illegal and cause me a big headache to say the least, correct?

I assumed that it was illegal.

How about when the ban sunsets? Will it still be illegal?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a question related directly to this thread. I'm stationed overseas but will soon be coming home on leave. Is it considered "importation" without an import license if one brings preban magazines ( marked by manufacturer - i.e. 1960's and 1970's MFG) back for oneself? I would not be giving these to another party or selling them. Or is this just a bad idea? Thanks. Jon  
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
lets see if by chance a package arrived at my house containing said items? Ah Ah Ah da?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Me again with a new spin ?

How about just receiving the TUBES for replacement ?

Talking about 5 or 6 mag tubes only.

What will happen if the ban sunsets in 2004.

Reason I am asking is because these mags are rare. The only ones I've seen here sell for like $ 45.00. If still illegal I'll wait until 2004 I guess.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I spoke with a parts importer who was complaining he couldn't import screws that were made for a firearm with out the proper paperwork. I believe he mentioned a form 6?

You can't bring in any parts whatsoever!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
How about after 2004 ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I just wanted to make a comment on the crime bill sunsetting in 2004. Even though the bill sunsets in 2004 you can pretty much guarentee some sort of crime bill to be re-inacted. Even though it is one of the stupidist bills passed,I am sure that there will be a vote on the bill, so do not assume that the bill is going to go away. As far as your mags situation I would check with a gun dealer in the United States, or contact the ATF for these would be the most reliable and correct information that you could get. Personally I would not chance sending the parts just assumeing. It is better to get the information from the horses mouth, then ending up in the slammer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#10]
What about magazine parts that cannot be readily assembled into a magazine?  I think those are still legal to send to CA, so I wonder if you could import those.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What about magazine parts that cannot be readily assembled into a magazine?  I think those are still legal to send to CA, so I wonder if you could import those.
View Quote

ahhhhhhhh....no.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Can we get a campaing going to repeal the crime bill?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Well if we get anything going lets go for the gold [:)]
* Remove all firearm bans
* Remove all bans on firearm accessories
* Remove all government fees/taxes – fees/taxes are a type of infringement
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ahhhhhhhh....no.  
View Quote

Certainly importing a complete yet disassembled magazine into Californistan would be illegal, but repair parts for existing mags are specifically allowed by the law.

You just can't get all the parts from a single source all at the same time.  Buying an AR mag body, a floorplate, a follower, and a spring is arguably legal; assembling them into a magazine is definitely not legal in the eyes of the Caliban.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
when the law sunsets i can guarantee the media
and the democrats are going to push to extend the law and probably make it permanent, I think its a presidential election year, they are not going to let it just go away, get ready for a big fight over this.
                     Bluemax
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ahhhhhhhh....no.  
View Quote

Certainly importing a complete yet disassembled
magazine into Californistan would be illegal, but repair parts for existing mags are specifically allowed by the law.

You just can't get all the parts from a single source all at the same time.  Buying an AR mag body, a floorplate, a follower, and a spring is arguably legal; assembling them into a magazine is definitely not legal in the eyes of the Caliban.
View Quote

Sulaco was asking if you can import parts from another country because you can do that in California.  I was refering to importing parts from another country which you cannot do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Check this out as far as I can tell this guy is in Germany.[url]http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3017903[/url]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#18]
dont look now but your favorite Peoples republic of Kalifornistan senator Feinstein is going to attempt a shot at bringing Kalifornias restrictive state firearm/AW laws to the federal level as an across the board coverage against "terrorists" thru her influence on various judiciary subcommittees... I love hypocrites... preach for the restriction and confiscation of weapons they deem "evil" but use the 2nd ammendment for their own protection (yes.. Feinstein has a Kalifornistan CCW permit)

There is something wrong with this picture..
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top