Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/5/2001 7:04:08 PM EDT
Can someone explain to me the ins and outs of registering a short barreled rifle.also is there such a thing as a post-ban short barreled rifle? THANKS
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:56:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:30:12 AM EDT
I don't think you are allowed to have them in NY.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:54:42 PM EDT
If it is legal to own in your state, you must first complete 2 copies of a Form 1 (Application to Make and Register) which includes signature of the chief law enforcement officer in your jurisdiction (police chief, sheriff, district attorney), and a passport size photo on each copy. You then submit the 2 copies of the Form 1 with 2 sets of fingerprints and a $200 one time tax. When your copy of the Form 1 is returned you may then make your SBR. You must mark the receiver with your name and city. You can make a SBR from a post-ban lower or post-ban rifle, but you are still governed by the assault rifle limitations. No bayonet lug, threaded flash hider, etc.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:56:39 AM EDT
My UZI is registered in NY on a ERIE Co. pistol permit. PD signed Form -11 back in '88. Seems currently the law says no in NY state, from what people have mailed me over the last year.
Top Top