Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 7:04:08 PM EDT
Can someone explain to me the ins and outs of registering a short barreled rifle.also is there such a thing as a post-ban short barreled rifle?   THANKS
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you are allowed to have them in NY.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is legal to own in your state, you must first complete 2 copies of a Form 1 (Application to Make and Register) which includes signature of the chief law enforcement officer in your jurisdiction (police chief, sheriff, district attorney), and a passport size photo on each copy.  You then submit the 2 copies of the Form 1 with 2 sets of fingerprints and a $200 one time tax.  When your copy of the Form 1 is returned you may then make your SBR.  You must mark the receiver with your name and city.

You can make a SBR from a post-ban lower or post-ban rifle, but you are still governed by the assault rifle limitations.  No bayonet lug, threaded flash hider, etc.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
My UZI is registered in NY on a ERIE Co. pistol permit. PD signed Form -11 back in '88.

Seems currently the law says no in NY state, from what people have mailed me over the last year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top