Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2001 6:36:50 PM EDT
Is it legal in the state of Washington to possess and carry a colapsing baton or do in need something dumb like a CCW permit? If it is legal are there any limitations on how I can carry it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:04:33 AM EDT
As I understand it, you have to complete a certified course in the use of the collapsible baton before you can carry it. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of places that offer the instruction.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:40:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jwar: As I understand it, you have to complete a certified course in the use of the collapsible baton before you can carry it. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of places that offer the instruction.
View Quote
Title 9.41.050 forward will give you some good insite. The old law specifically stated that a Concealed Weapons Permit holder could not carry knives, clubs (batons), rifles, etc. legally under their CWP license. Now the license is called a Concealed Pistol License and the respective, revised law mentions only pistols being carried/concealed and no other items. That would lead me to believe you cannot carry an ASP under your CPL. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything directly pertaining to collapsible batons. From what I've heard, jwar is correct. It requires a specific class and permit. I do know one thing for fact: Edmonds, WA passed a city statute forbidding the sale, trade, and ownership of collapsible batons. LEO's are exempt. Just call-up Adventure Sports and ask if they stock them :) heheh C6
Top Top