Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2001 7:42:45 PM EDT
Hello, I am planning a trip to visit my father in IL, we may try and go shooting somewhere. Since I am from PA and we dont need FOID cards what are the legalities of this... also if I take one of my guns there is there anything I need to know? TIA... Bob
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:12:52 PM EDT
Just dont get caught!! and i think theres something on the Il state police website about that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 3:34:11 AM EDT
You can transport your guns unloaded, in a case. That is the law. If you go shooting somewhere in downstate Illinois, you should have no problem. If you are up around Chicago, who knows. Link to statute (430 ILCS 65): [url]http://www.legis.state.il.us/ilcs/ch430/ch430act65.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:46:59 PM EDT
You won't have any problems. I just don't think you can purchase weapons within the state. You'd have to ship it via FFL to a dealer back in PA. themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:57:31 AM EDT
Exceptions where FOID is not required: (7) Nonresidents while on a firing or shooting range recognized by the Department of State Police; however, these persons must at all other times and in all other places have their firearms unloaded and enclosed in a case; (8) Nonresidents while at a firearm showing or display recognized by the Department of State Police; however, at all other times and in all other places these persons must have their firearms unloaded and enclosed in a case; (9) Nonresidents whose firearms are unloaded and enclosed in a case; (10) Nonresidents who are currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in their resident state
Top Top