Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2001 8:21:45 PM EDT
With all this hoopla about new airport security going on, I have been surprised not to hear anything about banning non-metal guns, such as the Glock fiasco afew years back. Granted making a gun without any metal in it, and that works is probably next to impossible. However could anybody enlighten me on whether Congress ever passed a "plastic gun" law. If they did what legally is a "plastic gun"? I see Kevlar AR lowers for sale, and they technically are firearms, but contain no metal. I am usually pretty up to date on all firearm laws but after searching the web I can't find a definitive answer. Just curious. JBNTEX
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:45:25 PM EDT
The hammer, trigger, sear, pins and springs are still metal, even in a Kevlar lower. Besides, you can't fire it without an upper and there is lots of metal there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:21:43 PM EDT
perhaps someone will make a gun with ceramic barrels, hammers, uppers, firing pins and stuff like that... only thing that cant be nonmetal is the ammo... just like that ceramic knife I saw on the web...
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:50:27 PM EDT
we do have a law like that says something liem must have x amount of metal in it. wish i could rememeber the name of that law but i belive there is one
Top Top