Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2004 8:30:46 AM EDT
Can someone answer the following question for me?

Who (not just CHL) is legally allowed to have a firearm (not just CCW) in a facility posted with a 51% sign?

IOW, can an employee carry while woking? Can a business owner possess on the premises? How about LEO?
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Owner and any employee with permission from the owner should be able to carry because it's private property. LEO should be able to carry because they can carry anywhere.  The only person who cannot carry in a 51% designated area is a CHL holder.  Before the CHL law existed in Texas there were no 51% laws or signs.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Owner and any employee with permission from the owner should be able to carry because it's private property...

What if the owner/employee is a CHL holder?

Quoted:
...Before the CHL law existed in Texas there were no 51% laws or signs.

Are you sure?
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Owner and any employee with permission from the owner should be able to carry because it's private property. LEO should be able to carry because they can carry anywhere.  The only person who cannot carry in a 51% designated area is a CHL holder.  Before the CHL law existed in Texas there were no 51% laws or signs.

Thats the law as I understand it also.
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Owner and any employee with permission...

What if the employee and/or owner is a TABC-licensed bartender?
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, doesn't the owner always have the right to carry on his property (assuming he's legal to own said firearm?)?

Also, having a piece of paper reading "I, the owner of xyz property, designate "Fred" as official bad guy zapper" holds up in court, doesn't it???
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]
aaaah, but what if the place really isn't a 51% location?

Say they post a 51% sign, but its really a 35% location?
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies all.
Top Top