Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2001 12:19:13 PM EDT
Ok, I wanna do my %80 recevier.  Do I need to submit a Form 1/Making Firearm Tax?  Or, can i jsut finish off the lower with no one knowing since I have no intention of selling it.  Am I req'd by law to put a serial no/or date of mfg on it, or is it just a good idea?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't do a Form 1 unless you plan to do a Short-Barrelled Rifle (SBR) or some other Class III item (other than a machinegun, I believe).  No tax is required for a standard length, post-ban semiautomatic AR.  You don't have to tell the BATF anything.

There is no federal requirement for a serial number or any other markings on a do-it-yourself, personal use firearm.  I believe Arizona also has no such requirement.  Please check with someone more familiar with AZ law.

Or maybe someone who knows will reply on this thread.

If you -DO- want to make a machinegun or some other NFA configuration, there's a lot more to it.  Start here:  [url]http://www.recguns.com/IIF2.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top