Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2001 9:50:36 AM EDT
I am looking for any information, purely out of curiosity, regarding the circumstances leading to any arrests on the 1994 AW ban. I am wondering how the ATF came into contact with the person, what brought their attention to check his/her serial numbers(if that happened), what the charges were, etc. Anyone got anything on this? Ronnie
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:38:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:43:39 AM EDT
The owners of a California gunstore in the bay area were busted for selling Postban Ruger 10/22's and folding stocks in the same transaction. Only federal AW ban prosecution i know of.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:45:56 AM EDT
Here in the 4th Circuit I have seen cases involving configuration violations. However, they were secondary to multi-count drug conspiracy cases (that went back sometimes 8 years!) and were chump change. Always plead down or straight out. I have yet to see a case based on a 922 violation alone, however, don't ever count on odds- keep it legal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 6:48:38 AM EDT
(1) Send a Freedom of Information Act Request to the ATF, naming this guy by name, asking for all information relating to him. (should be 5-10 bucks) (2) Call your local federal courthouse with his name, get the case number, and then order a copy of the court file. (should be 25-50 bucks)Will take a few weeks if the file is more than 4 or 5 years old.
Top Top