Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2017 9:40:16 PM EDT
I'm trying to find a silver lining in the law vegas shooting and the impending legislation. Can I get your thoughts on this?

1) repeal the NFA entirely

2) make a new NFA act, the national full auto act.

3) all SBR, SBS, AOW, and suppressors are legal to own and transfer on a 4473 and are treated like a normal firearm

4) destructive devices would still be regulated

5) Legal possession of a post '86 full auto would be legal but it would have to be transferred under the trump NFA ACT which would mimic the current requirements. A bump fire device would be considered a DD.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
We already have common sense gun control it is called the 4473 form. What else is needed??
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
SCOTUS seems to agree with the current NFA process, that is more than a 4473.

So by your logic this would be a positive step. Also I'd anticipate the price of full auto AR's to go down since new ones will be released into the wild
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
do you really think that JUST after a shooting they are going to get people build MGs?

REALLY?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Pass a law that says murder is a crime...??
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pass a law that says murder is a crime...??
View Quote
I like this one. Oh wait...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top