Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 12:11:50 AM EDT
I assume that all rules apply? Say if a sbr is banned in a state for civies, is it the same with officers?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If there's any justice...

I am not an authority but I believe the answer is "no". If a LEO requires departmental letter head for a post 86 class III (meaning a class III as the officer's personal purchase would have to be a high dollar pre-86) then the INDIVIDUAL officer is subject to the same rules. If the LE agency could & would authorize & sign for a SBR (for departmental not individual use) then you're in business.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The agency can purchase any weapon it wants, and issue it to the officer for duty purposes, within the confines of state laws regarding LEOs and weapons (some states restrict which officers can carry some kinds of weaqpons, some require training and demonstrated proficiency, etc.). These weapons are property of the agency and cannot be transferred to individual officers. I have an issued MG. I take it home every night, and it stays in my house when I am not on duty. If I ever left the agency, I would have to turn it in. There is no way under the law for me to keep it (unless it were rendered permanently inoperable and removed from the National Firearms Registry).

If an individual LEO wants to buy an MG, suppressor, SBR, Destructive Device or AOW, he must abide by all of the same rules as any other resident of the state, though getting the CLEO signoff may be easier.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I love this state...I got a CLEO signoff for my new Gemtech can in 5 minutes this afternoon.  

New chief, too..never met him before.
"Hi!  Whatcha getting?"
"Sound suppressor for my .308."
"Neat!  Here, let me have those..got a pen?"
"Thanks! Have a great day!"
"You, too!  Have fun with that!"

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
You lucky bastard!!!! [>(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top