Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 4:49:22 AM EDT
Alright, I'm 20. Federal law says I can't buy a handgun, but the state of PA says I can have one transferred to me.

I haven't seen a single thing I've looked at involving concealed carry in PA mentioning anything about age. On packing.org I did see something about Alaska or somewhere having restrictions, but nothing about PA.

Can I get one at 20, or am I SOL for a year?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to be 21 to buy a handgun in PA. Therefore I don't see how you could get a carry permit.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You have to be 21 to buy a handgun in PA. Therefore I don't see how you could get a carry permit.
View Quote

21 to buy.

But that's moot when 45 year old parents will buy one for you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know any PA law, but here in VA its the same as what you describe.  I am not 21 so i can't buy a handgun, but as soon as i turn 18, my dad's gonna gimme at least one of the pistols we shoot.  They are transferable, but you cannot get your CCW until you are 21.  

Another thing that you probably know is that you can't buy pistol caliber ammo until your 21 also, at least her in VA.  

Sorry, but I'd say your SOL.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They are transferable, but you cannot get your CCW until you are 21.  

Another thing that you probably know is that you can't buy pistol caliber ammo until your 21 also, at least her in VA.  

Sorry, but I'd say your SOL.
View Quote

Shit!

Hmm, maybe I'll just get a carbine or something to tide me over.

Hell, that's what I was going to say I had if anybody asked me about pistol ammo.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Spade, while I have the PA code out in front of me I'll settle this for you. Section 6109 paragraph (b) "Place of application - An individual who is 21 years of age or older may apply to a sheriff for a license to carry a firearm concealed on or about his person or in a vehicle within this Commonwealth...."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top