Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 4:46:54 AM EDT
So, my NH and PA CCW applications ask for references.

Now my family lives here, so that covers some, but the plain fact is, most of my family is anti-CCW (but pro-gun, how strange).

So...I've got my friends. But, most of my friends live in Alabama. All of the friends I really trust not to write anything stupid live in Alabama.

Are the PA and NH folks going to have problems with a CCW application listing nearly all the references as being from Alabama?
Both are shall issue states, but better ask then be sorry.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
PA doesn't care about references. They ask for them I believe, but they never even contact them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an NH CCW and used to have a PA CCW.  Neither ever checked the references.  However, NH's references do not have to live in the state.  So, get a couple of pro-gun buddies in Alabama as references and use them.

Regards,
SOL
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, my NH and PA CCW applications ask for references.
View Quote

Use any references that you can.  Do not worry where they live.  You will be fine.  NH checks your background, but does not call the references unless they think there is something funny, I have heard.

[url]http://www.packing.org[/url] is the BEST place to go for anythign about CCW in the US.

Sincerely,
Mark Buda
Triple Break Products
[email protected]
http://www.TripleBreakProducts.com
(603) 424-0923
FAX: (603) 429-0479
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top