Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2002 6:51:23 PM EDT
OK, I've done my best to research this all over the web and at the ATF's site and still don't know the answer;  Is it legal to put HK91 fixed stocks on an SR9?  As far as I can tell, it wouldn't cause a conflict with the Clinton Human Rights Tragedy of 1994, but I can't figure out if it would run afoul of the Bush Human Rights Tragedy of 1989.  All I could find on the internet was some guy speculating that a collapsible stock would be a no-no (which makes sense).  Please edumacate me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
SR9s are postban, therefore you cannot put a pistol grip and conventional stock on instead of the factory butthole stock.

Unless, of course, you bring the US parts count up, that is.  Exact number of parts needed, I can't recall, but somebody here knows.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
By "postban" you mean post-1989 import ban, right?  I bought mine in 1990 or 1991 (I don't remember off the top of my pointy little head).
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
By "postban" you mean post-1989 import ban, right?  I bought mine in 1990 or 1991 (I don't remember off the top of my pointy little head).
View Quote

are you a cone head?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
[size=1]Shhhh.  Don't tell anyone.[/size=1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Replace 6 parts with US parts and you can legally have a pistol grip and regular stock.

Most common US parts are cocking handle, hammer, sear, pistol grip, and magazine parts either baseplate and follower or complete US mags made by Thermold which count as three parts.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Many many thanks, [b]Jayson_at_IGF[/b]!  That's exactly the info I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top