Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 4:16:02 PM EDT
Just a thought.

What was the point in adding newer named AR models to the roberti-roos law if they were all ready covered by SB23?

Was it to stop the sale of AR's with out a pistol grip?

Looks like they screwed it up again anyway. How could you ever ban a type of gun by name only?

Under DPMS they name "Panther (all models)."
What if they decide to make a Tiger model, would this be legal with out any evil features?

The same with Dalphon, the banned model is "B.F.D." What does that stand for anyway; Built-For-Death?  If they changed it to B.F L. (Built For Love), would that make it leagal if you swiched the pistol grip with a vibrating peace of rubber?

What about the way PWA is listed, it refers to "all models."  Why not use that wording with all AR makers?  If they were still in business that would put a stop to all Kaliban sales no matter what the change in model name.

All I can say is that they sure went to a lot of trouble to keep AR15's out of the hands of the law abiding public.  

I'm sure glad that an M1A1 without a flash hider can't hurt anyone!  If it was that dangerous it surly would be banned by name to.  

I'm also told that it is impossible to commit a crime with a FAL that has no pistol grip .
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What was the point in adding newer named AR models to the roberti-roos law if they were all ready covered by SB23?
View Quote

Because legally they can’t just ban all AR-15 type rifles – they have to specify each and every model by name, that’s what we got out of the Kasler v. Lockyer case.

All I can say is that they sure went to a lot of trouble to keep AR15's out of the hands of the law abiding public.
View Quote

As far as keeping the AR’s out of the hands of use law-abiding citizens, rather than wait for them to reconsider why don’t we write to our representatives and tell them how we fee on this matter.  The State has the right to restrict our firearms, but the people have the right [b]restrict[/b] who we put in office [:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a few of the Dalphon lowers and was told that "BFD" stood for Big Fucking Deal!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
JoBlow, just your average:

As of today, there is no law preventing us from purchasing any AR-15 not listed on the ban, by name.  The only blocking force in place is DOJ, who approves the sale of rifles under the Caliban.  Currently, the only approved AR is the GoGoGadgets model with a 10rd fixed mag.

Still can't figure out why DOJ can supersede all Caliban laws.  Based on the fact that they are preventing the sale of ARs not on the ban, they can prevent the sale of all firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top