Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2002 5:36:16 PM EDT
I seen an advertisement awhile ago about a little spring that you put behind your trigger (externally) that would make your gun shoot as if it had an automatic setting.  Anyone every use one of these?  Where can I go for more information?  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Trash.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, thanks guys!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Learn to do The Bump...[:D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Learn to do The Bump...[:D]
View Quote

Or earn some money and spend it on a RR.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Click here.  I tried to explain it clearly.
BTW, it doesn't work on ARs unless you have a short barrel or a heavy recoil.
There is even a movie there...
[url]http://members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html[/url]

BISHOP
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Click here.  I tried to explain it clearly.
BTW, it doesn't work on ARs unless you have a short barrel or a heavy recoil.
There is even a movie there...
[url]http://members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html[/url]

BISHOP
View Quote

At what range can you hit a target, be it bad guy or paper??
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

At what range can you hit a target, be it bad guy or paper??
View Quote

Doin the bump is about stupid fun, not tactical full auto fire.  In the majority of situations aimed fire is far superior to full auto anyhow.

I think the best gun to do the bump on is an AK variant.  I can't get it to work with my AR.  Best I've done is half a clip, usually only get 5 to 10 shots in a row.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I've Never heard of the "bump".Can anyone give detailed instructions for this trick??
Thanks!

[b]Come for my guns.........I'll give ya the bullets first!![/b][50]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the how to is in the link above, but the basics are that you hold the rifle at your hip and hold a firm finger in front of the trigger without holding onto the grip.  I kinda use my forearm and hip to hold the stock up.  You then pull the rifle forward with your left hand until it fires.  The trick is to maintain enough pull so that the recoil resets the trigger and the pull fires it in a rapid rocking fashion.  You just sort of try it till you get it.  Stupid fun.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I have been able to do the "bumb" from my shoulder, while aiming. But I can only do a 3 round burst.

It was funny the last time I did that at the range, I had 3 different people come down to my spot and ask how much did a I pay for the M16. Then to see their face when I told them that this a Bushmaster AR-15, semi-auto only.

I can't really explain how I do it. But I am skinny guy and I have always had to sway with the recoil of any rifle, so that helps with the shoulder bump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top