Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2002 2:19:06 PM EDT
Let me begin by saying simply that I hate selling guns through the paper.

Last week as I placed my advertisement in the paper my wife reminded me of that "core conviction."  But I didn't listen to her, and now this week I'm in the midst of trader's hell.

I use my cell phone number, so I can simply turn  off the phone for the night.  That way you avoid the guys who read the paper in the break room during the graveyard shift and decide that they have to call you right away to discuss the terms of sale.

This week I've been dealing with those oh so sophistocated rednecks who assure me that they can get a new Browning Gold at Walmart for $300.  WTF?  Why do they want to waste my time?  If they're not willing to pay a fair price why jerk me around?  One guy even offered to trade me a horse for the shotgun.  Yeah, I'll friggin' keep it in the spare bedroom!  [pissed]  

I'm now going to turn off the cell phone and take the shotgun to my dealer for the consignment rack.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
How about a set of used tires and some cash??????[:D]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Smart move, now throw away the cell phone.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
you need any goat's..........how about used cinderblocks..........?
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
varmitgun

iwill take your goats and your cinderblocks,  if you throw in some dog chain
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You've got it!  That's how my day has been.  Not even in WV did I experience this much BS and run-around when it came to selling guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
This is EXACTLY why I've never sold a gun through the classifieds in the local paper.

To tell a related tale, a friend of mine is trying to rent out a house he owns in the middle of nowhere. He advertised it as a "country house".

Well, one guy asked if he could "get there in his Mustang?". Another couple asked if they could "bring their cows?" And last was the guy who brought his family out in the middle of a show storm to look at the place. Mind you the place sits down many miles of gravel, and sits atop a VERY steep windy hill that you can ONLY get up with four wheel drive. Trust me, I know because I used to live there.

Needless to say he almost killed him and his family in his two wheel drive truck.

Either way, hope you learned your lesson.

Deal with the public as little as possible.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you post it here in the For Sale forums!!
You'll have a Hell of alot more people looking at it here than in a gunstore.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top