Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/5/2002 5:53:48 AM EDT
I have been wondering something for a while. I keep hearing that Bushmaster, Armalite and others are filling 'War Orders.' I have also heard that the American made 5.56 is hard to get because it is needed for the "War." But... (here is the thought part) I don't see large numbers of NEW U.S. troops being equipped, and I don't see large numbers of rounds being expended in a theater sized conflict. All I see are previously equipped troops, using current ammo supplies. Where are the guns going? Where is the Ammo being sent? Afterall, we are not in a WWII scenario that would justify the volume of new weapons and ammo being used for "War." Isreal! I think the guns and ammo are being sent to Israel to help THEM repel the angry, jihad minded extremists that are pounding at the gates. Maybe we are sending beau-coup shipments of small arms to the Isreali population so they can defend themselves without using the Nuclear Option? Arming every man, woman and child with a new rifle and cases of ammo? Thoughts? TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:59:06 AM EDT
They are being sent to Vermont to help us repel the numer os suspected illegal aliens crossing our border from the north! :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:02:06 AM EDT
The US Armed Services are buying while they have the checkbook for a while.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:02:16 AM EDT
they're building up a stockpile so they can issue them to the citizen militia when we disband the standing army?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:04:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ARgon: They are being sent to Vermont to help us repel the numer os suspected illegal aliens crossing our border from the north! :)
View Quote
Damn those Canucks! [:D] TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:10:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:17:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: "QUIET! I just had a thought! " i thought i smelled something burning. [:D] mike
View Quote
You know... me too! I thought maybe it was Garandman burning bridges again... [argue] TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:23:25 AM EDT
Actually, Arock and I are stockpiling all of them for when we decide that it's time for Texas to become an independent country again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:31:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DonR: Actually, Arock and I are stockpiling all of them for when we decide that it's time for Texas to become an independent country again.
View Quote
Really? How very interesting. Last I heard though, the current plans for revolt in Texas include the mention of "Reclaiming Texas for Mexico!" I think you boys need to step up your timetable, before the other team beats you to the goaline. I don't speak Spanish too well, myself. TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:37:59 AM EDT
I keep hoping the Conch Republic will secede again and declare the lower Florida Keys an independent nation. I'd move there. Unfortunately, tourist T-shirts and scuba adventures means the gross national product would be severely limited. I doubt they could afford a pre-ban and a case of ammo for the National Defense Force. Then again, speaking Spanish there probably would help too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:39:24 AM EDT
Top Top