Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2002 4:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2002 2:52:32 AM EDT by satcong]
This was the song I was asking you guys about yesterday and everyone kept yelling "Gary Owen, Gary Owen" But it wasn't Gary Owen, It was Joeseph Mackenzie singing a song he and "Clann an Drumma" wrote and performed for the movie. This is a great song. Listen for yourself, click on the link. [url]http://www.clannandrumma.com/[/url] or here to listen to the song, just click on the box that says sgt. mackenzie.... [b]The song LYRICS ARE HERE!!!!!:[/b] [url]http://www.clannandrumma.com/wws-lyrics.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2002 7:25:21 PM EDT by AcidGambit]
Thanks Sat.. You had me trying to figure it out too. Still haven't found any place to listen to the sound track on-line. Is the song, like, longer on the soundtrack ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:36:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:44:38 PM EDT
Thanks, for the life of me I coulden't figure out what he was saying.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:41:38 AM EDT
I can't find the whole song or the lyrics on the internet either, I believe he just wrote it and the cd (Not the moviesoundtrack) just was released...Clann An Drumma's CD titled "Tried & True". I ordered it. After listening to all the samples. That song has been in my head since friday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:51:22 AM EDT
Order this cd. Read the lyrics, this is the defining song of our time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:26:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By satcong: Order this cd. Read the lyrics, this is the defining song of our time.
View Quote
Interesting concept...a song written about a man who died in WWI, becoming a defining song of [b]our time[/b]. I'd rather think it's a song of bravery, honor, love of country and most importantly - freedom. "I wrote the song as a tribute to him and all soldiers who have given up their lives so that we can live free," says great-grandson Joe Kilna MacKenzie. [b][blue]Freedom[/b][/blue] inspires men and transcends time. What irony it is that the cost of freedom is usually measured in deaths. Jim [/musing and rambling]
Top Top