Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 7:01:33 AM EDT
Has anyone used ghost 2002 with Windows xp?
I've used the old ghost several times with win98 with great success.
Here is what I want to do.
1. create a backup compressed image on my back up hard drive.
The problem
Only the CDR drive comes up as a possible destination not the second hard drive. Although the second hard drive comes up as a possible source.
any suggestions?
thanks
Scratch
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that if you are using NTFS on the Hard drives the DOS part of Ghost will not see them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used it on Win2000 with no problems and I have those drives formatted with NTFS.  I however have not had the chance to try it on XP.  Sorry I couldn't be more help, but if I come across anything, I'll let you know.

finite element
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a copy of Ghost 2002 I use with XP.  I have no problems with fat32 drives (have 3 of them in this box) but NTFS gives G2002 fits on my machines here and at work.  Can you and are you willing to switch to fat32?  If so, do it.  If not, you may have to back up to the cdr in your machine.  I made the decision to stick with fat32 a long time ago for this very reason.  Well, that and it's nice being able to use a W98 boot floppy to save data after a catastrophe.  

toast
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top