Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 9:14:17 PM EDT
I woulda slapped the kid and his mother silly, but mostly his mother!

[URL]http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/index/0,1008,1110588a4560,FF.html[/URL]

Toddler attacks strangers with toy truck
22 February 2002

A boy aged three left one woman with a fractured skull and another shaken and bruised after hitting them with his toy truck.

The women, who were waiting at a Tauranga pharmacy, endured a 30-minute ordeal as the tiny terror kicked, punched and smashed them with his toy.

Both victims needed hospital treatment after the child was finally subdued.

The pair later approached the toddler's mother, who replied: "Yeah, he does that to people sometimes.

"I don't really know what to do about it."

The mum told the tot to apologise. But he just yelled abuse and ran off.

One of the victims, Trish Mackie, was shocked the kid's mother failed to step in to stop the violence.

"It was horror. We were getting beaten up by a bloody loose-wired toddler while his mother just stood aside and let him do what he was doing."

Mackie suffered scratches and bruises to her arms, chest and shins. The other woman, who doesn't want to be named, was taken to hospital with a hairline skull fracture. She was diagnosed as suffering concussion.

She told Truth: "You wouldn't think a little bastard like that could cause so much horror. I read somewhere that's how terrorists are bred.

"If he can do that at three then think of 30 years from now."

The woman was disgusted that his mum let him continue his tantrum.

"She appeared to be as scared as we were," she said.

Mackie said she'd seen the kid kicking the other shopper in the shins, and then bashing her on the head when she bent down to stop him.

Mackie went to her aid but then the pint-sized hoodlum turned on her, whacking her on the shin with the truck, then hurling it at her face.

Mackie picked up the truck, triggering a frenzy of scratches, kicks and punches from the furious child.

"I was in tears. I couldn't push him away because he was strong. I managed to get up and run out of the shop and put the truck on the footpath."

The mother begged the women not to call the cops and they reluctantly agreed.

Cops said they'd have been unable to charge a three-year-old with assault. But the mother might have been charged with allowing the child to attack the strangers.

The incident had an ironic twist.

Mackie used to live on Palm Island, off Townsville in Queensland, which the Guinness Book of Records lists as the world's most violent place outside a combat zone.

"I lived there for four years and not an inch of my body was touched," she says.

"Yet in peaceful Tauranga I'm attacked by a three-year-old."
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
One to the head of that little beast plus a double tap to center of mass and one to the head of it's mother (to prevent her from breeding anymore).

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I can just imagine my life now: a lifetime of training to be able to handle anything from a drunken punk to a gang of the most brutal soulless scum ... only to get sucker punched by a three-year old!

On a more realistic note, a concussion and a hairline fracture of the skull are probably minor compared to the legal and PR ramifications of striking him.  You would probably have less trouble if you beat the mother to a pulp.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you F@&*cking kidding me?  The [b]THREE[/b] year old was so strong she couldn't push him away?  What, is she related to Mr. Burns from the Simpsons?  Fer Chrissakes, who the hell would be afraid to grab that little animal by the scruff of his neck and shake him for a few minutes to straighten him out...he just needs a good wippin' with a hickory switch; just like my momma used to do to me.  

I'm going to go take my medication now.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Text book example of the "lower end of the gene pool".

pgo
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#5]
As crazy as this sounds it's more and more common today.  Being a LEO I see this kind of stuff quite frequently.  The parents baby the kids so much they run all over them.  In alot of the cases the parents blame it on ADD and other disorders that I never heard of until the past several years.  In my experience when the parents actually put their foot down and give the kid a good ass whooping when it's deserved the kid is much better raised.  I'm pretty young at 25 and never heard of this crap when I was growing up.  When I screwed up I got my ass whooped.  Once when I was in middle school I told my mom I was gonna kick her ass and all I knew after that is that I had been picked up off the ground by my throat.  I never once thought I got abused.  I knew when I got an ass whooping I deserved it.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#6]
A better name for this thread might be [b] "when infants attack".[/b]

Have people forgotten how to yell?

Jesus, my mom could put the fear of God into me from across the room with a look. It seems that holding the little shit to the ground while dishing out some temporary hearing damage would've been a simple enough task.

At the very least somebody should've taken the toy truck and stomped it to bits as a warning. *bad truck!*
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Ban toy trucks -- for the children! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"I don't really know what to do about it."
View Quote

At that point I would have politely offered to SHOW the woman what to do about it.  Then I would have hauled the little sonofabitch into the bathroom and given him a swirly.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]A SWIRLY!!!! CLASSIC!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
What to be safe from steroid taking, Truck swinging shin kicking 3 year old's? Then you need to get one of these baby's.
[url]http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProductDetail.jsp?item=TE186[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top