Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 1:55:02 PM EDT
I was talking with a few of you folks and I decided to let you all know whats going on. My Unit along with a few others of the 2/180 FA Reg got activated for a 6-mo deployment to the AZ/Mexico Boarder to assist the Boarder Patrol and INS. Should be interesting! We are doing our PCI (Pre-Combat Inspections) until Monday morning... Then we are getting shipped out to Fort Bliss for a week or two for deployment briefings and inital loadout and then back here to AZ to begin the mission. God I hope they get some air transport... I am not looking forward to a bus ride from Phoenix to El Paso with a bunch of pissed off guardsmen... ehehehhe Anyhow thats all I know for now, I will keep everybody that cares up to date... Peace out
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:41:21 PM EDT
Hey!! Good luck down here. The weather is cold (from a natives point of view), actually just cool. Personally, I think we should be able to get a hunters license for illegal immigrants. It would be a hoot to setup out in the desert and drop a couple coming across the boarder. No baiting allowed. This should slow down the flood.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:26:07 AM EDT
Good luck down there! My unit (1/105th INF)has Canada border patrol voluntarily right now, same duration 6mos. Between that, and misc security details unfilled soon they will no longer be voluntary. I am not deployable yet, basic/ait is scheduled for August (earliest slot). Keep us up to date!
Top Top