Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, I'll be at the range (c-c-cold!!!) on Gabreski Airport Saturday if anyone is interested.
View Quote

is the Gabreski range open to the public or LEO's only?
View Quote

Members only, I go in as a guest of one of the keyholders. Trust me when I say it is worth the $200 yearly membership.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Formerly of the South Shore in Suffolk Co. Sayville Oakdale area.

Cool! I live in the same area. Sayville's cool but nobody ever moves out of the town once they lived there. It's really weird.

BTW I also spend alot of time in W.Hampton in the summer.

Ray, care to share more info on the Gabreski airport range (e-mail addys, phone #'s, etc)?

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Checking in from Lewis County.(more cows than people, and real good hunting)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ray, care to share more info on the Gabreski airport range (e-mail addys, phone #'s, etc)?

View Quote

LI Shooter, I believe it called the Pine Barrens Gun range/club.  Unless we went to a different range than planned last week.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey, I'll be at the range (c-c-cold!!!) on Gabreski Airport Saturday if anyone is interested.
View Quote

Sure, keep rubbing it in that I'm working this Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of you have insulted me in the past......but I`m not like that.....so all I am going to say to you is......GOD BLESS........
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahh, Pro-gun NYer's .Too Bad they are few and far between. Nassau County (Former Republican Strong Hold) LI, checking in.
I can't blame all those that took up Project Exodus (Fleeing NY for PA,VA,VT,SC,FL and TX)
I got my eyes on TX or PA not yet but soon. 2 Lefty B@stards in the senate from this state is way too many.

JerrY
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't blame all those that took up Project Exodus (Fleeing NY for PA...
View Quote

I got my eyes on TX or PA not yet but soon.
View Quote

Hey, it worked for me. It's close enough to NY to come back for a visit, but far enough away that you can shoot Class III.

For better or for worse, we may get Ed Rendell again, only in a larger capacity...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Port Jefferson here (at least for one week of  every month).  The other 3 weeks I'm here in sunny FL (where it happens to be 35 degrees out right now).
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Port Jefferson here (at least for one week of  every month).  The other 3 weeks I'm here in sunny FL (where it happens to be 35 degrees out right now).
View Quote

Mmmmmnn Port Jeff. I suddenly have the urge for dinner at "Pasta Pasta" or "Salsa Salsa"
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Mmmmmnn Port Jeff. I suddenly have the urge for dinner at "Pasta Pasta" or "Salsa Salsa"
View Quote

Danford's is really nice too!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Waverunner, I am sorry I missed your instant message yesterday. I wil be home if you want to try again. I am low tec so I do not know how to contact you. Mike
View Quote

Very simple, just click on the glowing red orb on the upper right hand corner of your monitor. My contact info is in that message
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wave, There is no glowing red anything on my screen. MIKE
View Quote

Stand by...I'l resend the info
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Wasnt there a Gunshow comming up in Tarrytown this weekend --I thought I saw an add for it in SGN but cant find it now anyone know of it? It wasnt cancelled or something stupid like that was it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Checking in from Lewis County.(more cows than people, and real good hunting)
View Quote

so far you are the closest member to me.

i am in clinton county, still a long way to go.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whats up fellas. Good to see more NY'ers checking in these days. Current home is in New Rochelle, NY (Westchester County.) Born and raised in NYC, lived in Brooklyn and Yonkers. Spent many summers in upstate NY as a kid, somewhere off Rt.28, near Phonecia. However, I will be on my way to PA sometime after my trial is over.
View Quote

you still in lockdown?

hows things goin with them court appts.?? i had hoped by now they woulda thrown yore case out.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Baldwin NY..Hey MR Green18 had a good time last Sunday....Hey Vinnie working Saturdays hope for Time & half...Waverunner just got your last message about the 9mm. Speak to you all soon
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey maybe when the weather warms up some us NY'ers could all convene for a regional shoot??
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Squibload, George is your dad? Man I am bummed that range closed.Nicest guys over at Knights.
There is a show on March 23/24 on Tuckahoe rd. For more info on show call Cliff at 607 6372323
I've been going to Calverton lately. We all should meet(SHOOT) there one day!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey maybe when the weather warms up some us NY'ers could all convene for a regional shoot??
View Quote

Count me in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Suffolk County...                               Hey Waverunner, the countdown to Blackwater is on.                                                                                                                                             As Always, Stay Safe.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wasnt there a Gunshow comming up in Tarrytown this weekend --I thought I saw an add for it in SGN but cant find it now anyone know of it? It wasnt cancelled or something stupid like that was it?
View Quote

Can you post up the info, I haven't heard anything but Tarrytown is like a 15min drive for me. I am on drill all weekend but I think I will be going home in the evenings so I might have an hour or two to go check it out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:09:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its warm every other day lately. Seriously though I would definately show up if someone
wanted to coordinate something.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:25:51 AM EDT
[#28]
count me in as well, maybe a Fishkill member could get us in there for a day, it's close to Rt.9 , Taconic Pky. and I-84 so it's got easy access.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:40:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Upstate NY here. Herkimer county to be exact.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted: Hey Squibload, George is your dad? Man I am bummed that range closed.Nicest guys over at Knights.
View Quote

Hey FP- Yes, George is my dad. BTW I'm in agreement about the personalities that the employees had...you never felt like you were bothering them, everyone behind the counter was actually a hunter or shooter, and they had solid advice to give. Those are qualities I challenge any shop to give their customers. It always seemed to me that most other shops suffer from the "Joe-Bob" syndrome..."What do you want? Can't you see I'm reading the sports section?"

Let's all hope that the range gets back up and running soon. Where else could you and your 9 buddies shoot your .460 Weatherbys at 100 yards at 8:30PM in a snowstorm, wearing t-shirts? The concept is perfect...
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted: Hey Squibload, George is your dad? Man I am bummed that range closed.Nicest guys over at Knights.
View Quote

Hey FP- Yes, George is my dad. BTW I'm in agreement about the personalities that the employees had...you never felt like you were bothering them, everyone behind the counter was actually a hunter or shooter, and they had solid advice to give. Those are qualities I challenge any shop to give their customers. It always seemed to me that most other shops suffer from the "Joe-Bob" syndrome..."What do you want? Can't you see I'm reading the sports section?"

Let's all hope that the range gets back up and running soon. Where else could you and your 9 buddies shoot your .460 Weatherbys at 100 yards at 8:30PM in a snowstorm, wearing t-shirts? The concept is perfect...
View Quote

I hope so too, that place was great! I used to drive about 30-40mins to get there and everyone was friendly and helpful. I even remember one day taking my brother up for an afternoon of shooting, and gave him a half case of ammo and some mags, he paid $10 to rent the AR15 for the afternoon so we both had our own rifles and stations to shoot. Keep us posted on the progess....
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Grand Island, NY.

As far west as you can go without leaving the State.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

oh man, Pasta Pasta is great...  haven't been there in about 6 months... black ravioli (squid ink) stuffed with lobster, his calamari appetizer, hmmmm... now I'm hungry.  Getting on the plane in about 4 hours...
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Danford's is really nice too!
View Quote

I don't really like the food at Danfords but it is nice to grab a glass of wine and a few appiteasers and just sit outside by the water relaxing...
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats up fellas. Good to see more NY'ers checking in these days. Current home is in New Rochelle, NY (Westchester County.) Born and raised in NYC, lived in Brooklyn and Yonkers. Spent many summers in upstate NY as a kid, somewhere off Rt.28, near Phonecia. However, I will be on my way to PA sometime after my trial is over.
View Quote

you still in lockdown?

hows things goin with them court appts.?? i had hoped by now they woulda thrown yore case out.

View Quote
oneshot1kill is still going to court for his case. Right now there is not a chance that new rochelle is going to throw it out. He has to go to a mapp hearing next. This is where the DA lays down his cards and we lay down ours. According to our lawyer there are a lot of holes in thier case and this is the best chance to get it thrown out because of the holes in the case.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Checking in and still a New Yorker for now, unfortunately. NY is good for a lot of things like spending my husbands money but not a good place if you like guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Upstate - Syracuse area...I'm heading down to a local range (20 min. southwest of Syracuse) Sunday morning...it's forecasted to be 65 deg!

Brass and mud - woohoo!

qwezxc12
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Valley Strream, NY here. Glad to see that not everybody left NY. Some of us decided to stay back and harass the anti-gun dems!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#39]
The next one in Tarrytown is not till May 4/5 the Tuckahoe rd /Yonkers one is on the 23rd of this month --wishful thinking or gunshow withdrawal on my part. theres a few in PA between now and then might have to take a ride one weekend. The Middletown show is getting old.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#40]
There is a show in Melville L.I. Today& Sunday. It's a small show.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#41]
WNY... Buffalo area. And, just for the record, NY State isn't all that bad (yet!). You even get used to the cold winters after a while!
It DOES take a long time to get a pistol permit, however.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#42]
The great county of Schenectady, Okay maybe it's not so great. Okay okay it's not even good. I'd leave but I don't think I could sell my house for what I owe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There is a show in Melville L.I. Today& Sunday. It's a small show.
View Quote

where in Melville?  It'll give me something to do tommorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Vinnie, Melville is exit49s(rt110) It's about a mile down 110 on left building #585. I may go also, Email me if your goin.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Malverne, Nassau County here!  Triple F*cked:  Hillary, Schumer, and ..... Carolyn McCarthy!  Please tell me this is a bad dream!

Anyway, I'm late to the discussion.  If you guys want to arrange a weekend shoot then let me know.  Thanks.

John
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Vinnie, Melville is exit49s(rt110) It's about a mile down 110 on left building #585. I may go also, Email me if your goin.
View Quote

Email's away.  Anyone else want to meet up at the show, shoot the S__ and maybe go for lunch?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll be at that show tomorrow... good thing I brought along a few FFL copies in case there's something I can't live without...
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh hell why not. I'm off tomorrow(Sunday). I'll be at the show if Vinnie goes. Besides I have to return Vinnie's "wrecked" Bushy upper[heavy]...you missed out today pal, can you say Run and Gun? Less than 3 weeks to Blackwater!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh hell why not. I'm off tomorrow(Sunday). I'll be at the show if Vinnie goes. Besides I have to return Vinnie's "wrecked" Bushy upper[heavy]...you missed out today pal, can you say Run and Gun? Less than 3 weeks to Blackwater!
View Quote

No worries, I think Tony is selling one of his uppers.  You can replace it with that one. I think it's a .457 [:D]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Lower East Sider chiming in...

Also went to Brooklyn Tech HS...graduated way back in '95.

I shoot at Westside and the new/old NY Sportsmans/Downtown..

Been to Calverton once a while back when a SASS guy shot himself in the hand. Also shoot at Brookhaven with a friend who babysits my AR.

Manhattan23
"Is that camera equipment in your case? I have one just like it."
"What kind of guitar is that?"
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top