Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 12:32:46 PM EDT
I'd like to know just what chutney is and how it's served.  Is it some sort of marmalade?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There's an Indian restaraunt (India Indian) here, that serves it.  It is kind of a sort of relish, served on the side with other stuff, the stuff I've had there has a lot of onion and spicy stuff in it, but I think there's a lot of different kinds.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Like he said, real spicy.  Some grocery stores sell it in jars, maybe $4.  The last I had was mango chutney, I think.

Think of that tangy taste from citric acid.  As I recall, it was like that, only super tart with a sweet taste plus the flavor of the mango.

This stuff has to be hard on you stomach.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top