Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Put me down for 3.  Let me know where to send payment.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Imagine the poor lady in the old-fashioned corset with metal or plastic stays... they can slide out of the pocket that holds them, they're long and thin and could conceivably by used to stab or cut someone... a person bent on mischief could design them to slide together and interlock into a fairly effective dagger / long knife... hmmmm ????

Just when do all these restrictions go so overboard that the travelling public goes ballistic?  How about, just arm everybody and lock the cockpit door...

Oh hell, I guess I'll just drive.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
>From: "Spinelli, Joseph A"
>To: "'[email protected]'"
>Subject: Tactical letter Opener
>Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:44:12 -0500
>X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
View Quote

Could you post the full message header from this mail here? USPIS.GOV is the Postal Inspection Service, and they really would have nothing to do with an airport weapons confiscation. Considering how easy it is to spoof email it sounds extremely suspect. And, after all, impersonating a federal agent is a serious crime.

Oh, and are these going to come in any colors? [:D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From the CA penal code:

12001.1.  (a) Any person in this state who commercially manufactures
or causes to be commercially manufactured, or who knowingly imports
into the state for commercial sale, keeps for commercial sale, or
offers or exposes for commercial sale, any undetectable knife is
guilty of a misdemeanor.  As used in this section, an "undetectable
knife" means any knife or other instrument with or without a
handguard that is capable of ready use as a stabbing weapon that may
inflict great bodily injury or death that is commercially
manufactured to be used as a weapon and is not detectable by a metal
detector set at standard calibration.
  (b) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, commencing January
1, 2000, all knives or other instrument...   ...shall be manufactured to include materials that will ensure
they are detectable by a metal detector set at standard calibration.
View Quote

View Quote

Interesting loophole here.  So a manufacturer makes a polymer letter opener that has a mylar (or other thin detectible material, if that isn't) layer with the outline of a loop type bottle opener (or some other non-pointy non-threatening object).  No pointy edges on those.  So it is detectible, it just doesn't look the same on the xray machine as it does with the nekkid eye.
DOH!

So, what type of thin non metallic material IS detectable in an xray machine? And what are these made of?

And have we determined how many of these fit in the standard box?  I want to dilute the shipping as much as possible!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#6]
here is the letter opener I have...picked up at a fun show for a couple bucks...marked Choate Tool Corp..

[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000024224/1000024224_38200225547PM0.5970423.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I want one too!

Maybe two or three.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Gary,
Have you found out how many will fit in a box?  I have a bunch of friends who would lo9ve to have some, and I was thinking of passing them out at the next IDPA match (Hope it has your contact info on them...)

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a wooden letter opener on my desk in front of me. Made out of a tough hardwood (apple I think) it would be almost as effective as the polymer ones.

I wonder what the FAA would think of it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
[blue][b][size=5]S O L D![/size=5][/b][/blue]

I didn't see it on your web site. Keep us posted as to where and when they'll be available! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Shawn,
Send me five. LEt me know how to pay.

AdTechArms
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Shawn, did you post (at one time) that you accepted paypal..... so I thought.  YES/NO....
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:20:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Garry,
Do you have a number I can call in an order with?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:00:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Me too! Me too! I want one, can I have one PLEASE?! I will pay for it with my own money, and feed it and walk it, and clean up its messes.....

Wait, this is about the letter openers.....I want a couple of them too.

Thought I was getting a puppy.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:03:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Count me in for a boxfull(10?)...I just wouldn't be able to tactically open my letters and credit card bills without one!

Where do I send the payment?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi Gary,
    I'd love to buy a box (10); can you tell me payment details?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Will you have them at the BRC?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok here's the deal. They are $1.50 each and shipping is $3.50 so one will cost you $5.00 delivered. I should be able to put about 10 in a box and still hit the $3.50 shipping

We take cash, check, charge and pay-pal
View Quote

GarryOwen,
I just Pay-Pal'ed you $18.50 for 10 pieces.
10 x $1.50 = $15.00 + $3.50 shipping = $18.50.

I plan on handing them out as "party favors" at a local shoot.

Thanks!
FatMan
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I've never used pay pal...

How does one go about doing the pay pal thing? do they set up an account with your credit card number? do you need the account number/ID for the other party? where do I go?

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Sent some $$$ to ya via PayPal this afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Energizer

How does one go about doing the pay pal thing? do they set up an account with your credit card number? do you need the account number/ID for the other party? where do I go?
View Quote

The website is [url]www.paypal.com[/url]    Yes they do use your credit card for an account. It's just like using a credit card to pay for anything else on the web except this lets you send it to a person or a business. The website explains it pretty well. All you need to send money to someone is their e-mail address.

I got my order in for the bad ass tactical assault letter openers.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go to [url]www.paypal.com[/url] and follow the instructions.  You can use a credit card, but they had some funny policy that to become 'verified' you have to enter a checking account number.  It's been a while, so I'm not sure what the policy is to set up a new account.

E-mail.  Paypal is based on email.  The other 'party' registers using a certain email.  That's how you send money to the other paypal member.  Info is on the paypal website.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Just for the record, I am in the IT business and do not in any way condone what I am getting ready to write about. Let's just say I am thinking out loud.  

Now, if I were this guys network administrator, I would suggest that he not use e-mail when sending messages that are aggressive or antagonistic.  The reason I would tell him is that somebody may get a hold of this email address and then go to a bunch of websites or newsgroups and subscribe him to recieve special offers and news.  This of course would be a real pain in the arse to get rid of and would almost certainly require him to get a new email address. It would be especially embarrassing if he were to start recieving email from gay websites or other sites of ill repute.  Of course I am not his admin so I was just thinking out loud.

Oh yeah, I want one of those too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Gary,
    Got my Letter Openers today.  Awesome!  Going to hand them out to my buddies in budo taijutsu class.  Any other Bujinkan here?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just for the record, I am in the IT business and do not in any way condone what I am getting ready to write about. Let's just say I am thinking out loud.  

Now, if I were this guys network administrator, I would suggest that he not use e-mail when sending messages that are aggressive or antagonistic.  The reason I would tell him is that somebody may get a hold of this email address and then go to a bunch of websites or newsgroups and subscribe him to recieve special offers and news.  This of course would be a real pain in the arse to get rid of and would almost certainly require him to get a new email address. It would be especially embarrassing if he were to start recieving email from gay websites or other sites of ill repute.  Of course I am not his admin so I was just thinking out loud.

Oh yeah, I want one of those too.
View Quote

[:O]......[0:)].......[}:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Got my box of 10 from Garryowen today.  Nice assortment of colors.  I like the smoke, black and green the best.

I may go another 10!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top