Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2002 7:56:18 AM EDT
I used to RO at a local range (Norfolk, VA) and I've seen all manner of unbelievable acts and behavior.
I loved it when the gang banger goes into the shop downstairs and axes the owner for some AK ammo. He sells him a box of 5.45 and sends him on his way...after all, he didn't say what kind of AK!
We used to rent all manner of firearms to the public. Any stainless auto and the Glocks were, by far, the most popular with the gang banger types. BTW, Sig and Glock would buy the gun back after 100,000 rounds so they could inspect it for wear and try to improve the design.
On one occasion, a middle-aged man came into the range and rented the .380 pocketlite. he bought a box of ammo, fired 5 rounds (as I watched on the CCTV) then returned the gun to the counter and left. The following day, he came in and rented the same pistol. He then proceeded to walk into the range (with muffs and eyes) and blow his brains out!
We had to call bio-hazard people to clean up his mess.
On another occasion, a young AA couple rented a G19. They had fired a few rounds when apiece of jacketing came back and hit her in the forehead. VERY small wound, think papercut, but the theatrics she put on were a sight to see!
After I stopped the bleeding (head wounds bleed allot) and put a snoopy band aid on her head, she said she was going to call her lawyer!
I gave her a copy of the waiver (that she had signed) to take with her.
I could go on for days....
Anyone else got any good stories?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just curious, but which make of rental guns had the best reliability record?

The Glocks, by a long long long shot! G19 and G23 both had over 100k rounds each. Front sight (Mepro) came off the G19 once if that counts.
The only time the Glocks were ever out of commision is then people would take them apart and steal the connectors or springs. Even then, the parts are all drop in and we had a Glock parts bin.
The Ruger GP100 had OVER 200K rounds of .357 and .38 thru it, no problems as of this day.
(Unlike the S&W!)

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Last time I was at the range the guy next to me was shooting a remington 7600 30/06.  The bolt was locked forward and he put the  butt of the gun on the ground and was stepping on the bolt with his head right over the barrel.  When he seen the look on my face as I was watching him he picked the gun up put it on the table and pulled the bolt open.  Out pops a live round.  He looked back over to me I'm sure the look on my face was all he needed to know he was being very stupid.  He just packed up every thing and left.  He has a couple other guns he did not even shoot.  He was there maybe 10 min.  I didn't even say anything to him.  He knew what he did wrong. It would not have been a pretty site.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On one occasion, a middle-aged man came into the range and rented the .380 pocketlite. he bought a box of ammo, fired 5 rounds (as I watched on the CCTV) then returned the gun to the counter and left. The following day, he came in and rented the same pistol. He then proceeded to walk into the range (with muffs and eyes) and blow his brains out!
View Quote

Was this a few years ago?  I think I remember hearing about this one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
....with his head right over the barrel.
View Quote

You mean like that? :)

[img]http://www.floridaradioactive.com/laughriot/Gore_nam.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#7]
He just need to start stomping on it. That should fix her.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Back in August I bought my HK USP.  I was shooting about twice a week at an indoor range about 5 minutes from my house.  One night there was a newbie at the oppposite end of the lanes by the garbage can.  I noticed he didn't a have a CT handgun license when he checked, as I was behind him at the counter.  You only have to be 21 to shoot and rent guns.  I wasn't paying too close attention, I only noticed he rented a large frame revolver.  

We both make it into the short range and start shooting.  In 12 shots he only got four on the paper.  I fired about 50 rounds in the time he fired 12.  I could tell he was under loading the cylinder because there were usually a few clicks before a boom.  

I went to go through my target in the garbage can which was directly behind him.  He was packing up as I was doing this.  His gunfire sounded like rolling thunder so I asked if he was using .44 Mag.  He wheels around pointing the gun directly at my mid-section with the cylinder in battery, and his finger on the trigger, and announces "Yeah it is!".  

With a quick duck and cover I was out the door.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
At Wade's gun range in Bellevue you can't rent a gun unless you are with somebody else, AND you own and bring a gun yourself.  Too many freaks blowing their brains out.  I had a wierd accident myself there where an ejected shell from my Berreta ignited the primer of a live round in a box of ammo and sent shrapnel into my arm.  Shoulda seen the looks on the faces of the people around me seeing blood running down my arm onto the floor.  I had to go get stitches. I figured it was my own damn fault, but they were cool and gave me a membership!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Is that Al Gore picture real?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is that Al Gore picture real?
View Quote

Used to be at his own webpage, without the text of course; but yes, it's real.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top