Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2002 1:49:12 PM EDT
I got some linksys hardware today so i could network 2 computers together in my house.  I am only interested in getting them online.  I get the linksys phoneline aquipment.  I have it hooked up.  My internet is very slow.  Like 128kbps or so.  Anyone use this equipment?  Hopefully its just the internet thats slow instead of my setup.   Any info will be helpful    thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
HomePNA hardware should be good for a reliable 10Mbps between your two computers.  We need more information:

What kind of net connection
What operating systems
What edge device (router, ICS, etc)
What topology (what's connected to what)

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have cable thru adelphia.  This damn thing is loading like 56k.  This truly sucks.  This damn thing is really pissin me off.  I thought the phone lines would be okay.  DSL uses them.  Apperently they aint.  Guess i am gonna have to take this crap back and and get another setup.  

This is the equipment i have.....
HPRO200 router, USB200HA usb network adapter and an HPN200 network card.  

I had the router and modem at my desktop (IBM, 333mhz and windows 98).  I used my Dell inspiron 4000, (600mhz, windows xp) in the other end of the house.  Maybe there is just alot of net congestion tonight.  I have been using the net test on msn.com.  Anybody know of any other places to test?  If ya need more info, let me know.    

Thanks again.....

thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top