Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2002 10:31:29 AM EDT
I keep getting tons of emails/spam that has a "(SPAMFILTER)" before the message in the subject line.  Why is the "(SPAMFILTER)" there?  Also, how can I stop all the spam mail that I am getting?

thanks
Iso
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
How to avoid Spam:

1. Get an account with a real service provider. AOL (and perhaps a few of the national providers) will give your e-mail to anyone who asks.

2. Be careful where you post the e-mail address. Some spammers have robots that scan websites and newsgroups for e-mail addresses to spam. Many of the things that you sign up for on the internet will also send you lots of spam.

I recommend setting up an anonymous address at Yahoo or Hotmail or something. Use that address whenever you sign up for something on the internet. If it starts getting spammed, you can just cancel it.

This alone will get rid of almost all spam, but finally, you can

3. Set up a few filters. You could reject messages with keywords like sex or free. Make another filter to keep all e-mails from someone in your address book.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most spam filters are setup to alert you to possible SPAM. You then need to set it up as SPAM or acceptable... I'm not sure how the AR15.Com mail server is handling it, but I will try to find out!

Some of the messages I get with the SPAM notice in the subject is actually legit, so setting up a rule in your mail client may not be the best way to go about cleaning it out, but will work!
View Quote

I think the AR15.com mail server is doing something. I get an article email each day and it comes with the subject: Spamcop-possible spam
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
AHA!   I can answer all of your questions and solve all of your problems too!

All of this from my sickbed... [:D]

I decided to upgrade our mailservers this past week.  

We added the following:

- Calendar Application (from WebMail)

- Enhanced Virus Scanning and Remediation

- SPAM Control !  

Check out DecludePRO (the server daemon that we bought)

[url]www.declude.com/JunkMail/index.html[/url]

I HATE SPAM !  This gives me the opportunity to set up message rules w/ Outlook Express to dump all suspected spam into a separate folder.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top