Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/11/2002 10:25:09 AM EDT
I was watching some show on the Learning Channel about the police in San Francisco. They had this inspector in charge of investigating all murders in the city talking about a particular murder involving a SKS which he called an AK type weapon.Than he was saying something about not it not having any sporting purpose and no on should be allowed to own one, blah !blah! It really burns me when big city leos talk like ignorant liberals. California and all of it's gun control laws still is more dangerous than states with fewer laws.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:36:00 AM EDT
That's part of the problem Coax. Those big city leo's, especially the higher ups and spokes"persons" ARE liberals.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:39:58 AM EDT
In order to pass go and collect your $200 you have to burn incense to the PC god(dess). It's the same way in the military. I'm waiting for the Army to develop a "Sensitivity Training Seminar Award / Ribbon". I got this one for pullin' double duty during our last deployment... I got this one for my wound... Oh yeah, and I got this one for passing the Rosie O'Donnel Culteral Gender Orientation Sensitivity exam.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:46:00 AM EDT
In one episode of Cops I saw, one of the beat officers said he once saw a guy with an SKS. He said it was so unbelievably powerful that the rounds fired from it would go through his vest like a hot knife through butter. He then repeated it several times. He neglected to mention that most any bolt-action hunting rifle could do worse to him and his vest. Instead, he made it sound like SKS's were the ultimate weapon of choise for cop killing. Idiots.z
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:56:05 AM EDT
And I thought TLC only showed gut-wrenching, surgery programs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:04:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2002 11:04:56 AM EDT by IAM_NAKID]
Originally Posted By geezhound: And I thought TLC only showed gut-wrenching, surgery programs.
View Quote
Yea the surgery programs were after someone get's shot. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:06:40 AM EDT
I saw another TLC program about cops in LA. This police officer searches a man's home who they found deceased from natural causes. The man had a lot of firearms around the house and the LEO was calling him a gun nut. I can't stand that channel anymore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:45:06 AM EDT
Seen most every episode mentioned in here so far. Last night's TLC series, whatever it was, made me sorta sick when the cop called the SKS an AK47 type weapon. People who don't know jack about firearms shouldn't be allowed to speak, just because he's a cop he thinks that makes him some sort of authority on firearms. He also rambled off some comment about how the gun isn't sporting and a person wouldn't be using it for a day at the range shooting pennies or quarters, I'd like to show him what an AR15 space gun can do and watch him s**t himself when he realises it's a semiauto assault weapon sniper rifle. Then there was the other episode on TLC where they do the body recovery at some stiff's house, guy was definitely a gun nut considering just about every gun they showed them remove was loaded. The guy had his guns in some little shed stored in things like filing cabinents, not exactly high security or anything like that. One of the cops making the comments seemed to be a bit of a gun nut himself as he was inspecting an old mauser type rifle real closely, he did seem to have a bit of that inner city cop mentality though where he supported licensing of gun owners and didn't think certain guns should be owned by civilians. Though in the next scene they show this cop and his brother driving out to Death Valley to shoot an FAL and a M1 Garand, okay so these guns are okay for him cause he's a cop? Had a reserved "screw you" attitude towards that one. Oh, and in the dead guy's shed there was a boy's anti-tank rifle, likely converted to 50BMG. Then for the cops episode with the SKS, saw that one too. Was some mexican dood who had a hard time speaking english, think that episode was one of the ones in LasVegas. Reason the guy gave for carrying a loaded SKS around in his car was because some gang members were giving him grief. Poor cop though, if he thinks a 7.62x39mm round is powerful I just can't imagine what he must think of other cartridges typically owned by an even wider percentage of the populace. Wierd thing was the guy had a AP system in the car that had a lot of emergency vehicle type sirens, that sorta gives me a bit of a wierd feeling though. I definitely get where you all are coming from though, while we can see through the "facts" that these self touting profesionals are spouting off I'm betting we all get a little freaked out trying to guess how the Rosie/sheeple types are reacting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:05:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Coax: I was watching some show on the Learning Channel about the police in San Francisco... California and all of it's gun control laws still is more dangerous than states with fewer laws.
View Quote
SF is most likely the most liberal/progressive city in the US. How about some background info on SF. In 1981 a city ordinance was passed banning ALL pistols within city limits. The NRA (Go NRA!) beat the bill and it was removed. They currently are one of the last cities to have a city AW ban. From what I've heard their AW law banned rifles galore. Due to SB23 and a subsiquent lawsuit from CRPA, most cities removed any AW laws. SF plans to fight the lawsuit, the only city to do so.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:48:18 PM EDT
The other day on TDC or TLC they said "the SWAT team uses AR-15 sub-machine guns" I also like the LAPD program where the woman is firing her beretta and it jams after a couple shots...it looked as if she hadn't cleaned it in years.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:28:48 PM EDT
In the same eppisode before the sks deal. The drug "Task Force" enters some drug dealers house w/ a warrent. Then claim they found a "Tec-9" which turned out to be a Mac11. Oh and it was full auto too, how they new that I dont know considering they only saw it for 5 sec. R35
Top Top